Hispanic-American Traditions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

David P.
    Participant
    What traditions or customs do Hispanic-Americans (Cubans, Mexicans, Puerto-Ricans etc...) feel are most important to maintain and/or preserve?

User Detail :  

Name : David P., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Humanist, Age : 31, City : Kankakee, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Instructor, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Angela24959
    Participant
    I am a Hispanic female. If you mean traditions such as celebrations or holidays. I could only say that it would probably depend more on what religous background, but even in the same culture there any many differences in all aspects of life.This may not be a good one but, for example, some Hispanics I know- make there tacos with shredded beef.I prefer them to be made with hamburger meat and have been suggested to be too 'gringa' in my cooking. hmm. it's just what I prefer! As is with anyone else , I guess?

User Detail :  

Name : Angela24959, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 28, City : Mesa, State : AZ Country : United States, Occupation : student / homemaker, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jorge
    Participant
    1) The respect and regard for your elders and parents. 2) The cohesion and preservation of the family structure. There may be others but I think, after informal chats and surveys of many Hispanic friends and acquaintances, that these are the most important.

User Detail :  

Name : Jorge, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Atheist, Age : 42, City : Richland, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : Research Scientist, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

David
    Participant
    Well every ethnicity will have it's own beliefs and moral laws. Some stuff may not make sense to others. As far as I've seen, for hispanic folks, it's most important to remember where you came from and to take care of your family. For instance, alot of hispanic homes have an uncle or a grandparent living with thier family. It's really just a matter of opinion from family to family. But for the most part, it's keeping up the traditions, taking care of your own and working hard to make your family proud.

User Detail :  

Name : David, Gender : M, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 21, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Psychology Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.