Hiring diversity ad nauseum?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Robin29584
    Participant
    Exactly where have you been looking? Because everywhere I look in Corporate America there is a still a very dominant white workforce. Also, what you may not realize is that today there is a larger number of qualified, competent 'minorities' graduating from college than ever before. Hence, you would expect that in a country such as ours who pride ourselves on making great strides in overcoming our racist past, that more of these qualified, competent individuals will start to be hired into Corporate America. Question for you: Why do so many white males feel that they are entitled to all and as soon as they see someone else getting a taste of their privelege, it's all of a sudden unfair??

User Detail :  

Name : Robin29584, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 30, City : Columbus, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jay31314
    Participant
    Glad to see you've fallen for the trickery of corporate america's 'we love minorities' ad campaigns. Let's be honest here, NO american corporation hires a disproportionate amount of minorities over white males. It's a myth and a scam. What american corporations do, is hire a a handful of minority figure heads that they can trot out for the public to insure they aren't targeted by special interest groups for boycott, lawsuits or bad publicity. The (vast) majority of powerful jobs in corporate america is still held by white men. Represented was the key word in your query. Corporate Americas loves to have a minority's face out in public representing them, but on the inside, it's still white. If you aren't getting hired, Maybe your resume just isn't up to snuff.

User Detail :  

Name : Jay31314, City : Oakland, State : CA Country : United States, 

Chuck D
    You and the people who agreed with you in response with your ad are visibly racist, who have are spewing nonsense, I myself being a black male find it extremely hard to get breaks in corporate america and in my opinion , blacks may get the required status quo but thats all they are getting , nothing more and every inch you get you have to scrap against racist minded individuals such as your self who dont want to give you a job because they think its too much of your kind around as it is. this is sickening, and now do we not only have to put up with white racist we have to put up with asian, arab, hindu , latino, african, and all the other minorities who also take turn with whites on discriminating against blacks in the workplace, you people , I dont know where you and your cohorts who responded to this ad live that its so easy for blacks, but send me a post card cause I would like to move there.

User Detail :  

Name : Chuck D, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 32, City : Baltimore, State : MD Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 
    To all you silly, racist White folks...minorities need to work too, just like you. And don't fool yourselves into thinking that 'less qualified' minorities are being hired...on the contrary, there are many highly educated, bright ambitious AA's entering Corporate America. Face it, what's REALLY scaring you White folks is that these bright, educated, savvy African American people can compete with you. That's your real issue. And more are on the way. My son, 15 years from today, will be one of the best and the brightest...and there isn't a thing you can do about it, but step aside...or get knocked down.

User Detail :  

Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    Apparently you have problems with minorities in the workplace; I'm not surprised-many White people feel that way, and you all really need to get rid of that 'It's mine!! All mine' mentality. Corporate America isn't limited to White Males. Yes, more and more qualified minorities are in Corporate America. Or would you rather see me, a Black woman, scrubbing out toilets for Corporate America, than handling major accounts for Corporate America?

User Detail :  

Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    WHITE AMERICA HAS ALWAYS HIRED MINORITIES OVERWHELMINGLY OVER WHITES(especially AFRICAN AMERICANS) JUST THINK ABOUT IT!!! THE BUILDING OF THIS GREAT COUNTRY AND IT'S MULTITUDE OF WEALTH, WAS BUILT ON THE BACKS OF AFRICAN AMERICANS, FORMERLY KNOWN AS SLAVES...THE BUILDING OF THE GREAT RAILROAD SYSTEM THROUGH OUT THE OLD WEST WAS OVERWHELMINGLY BUILT ON THE BACKS OF CHINESE AMERICANS. THE TOILING OF OUR PRESENT DAY FARMS AND AGRICULTURE MECCAS ARE OVERWHEMINGLY SLAVED OVER BY MEXICAN AMERICANS.SO YOU SEE SIR, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN OVER REPRESENTED IN AMERICA'S LABOR MARKET. YOU JUST DON'T LIKE TO SEE US IN A TIE AND SHIRT!!!

User Detail :  

Name : BOBBY RICHARDSON, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 41, City : BERKELEY, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : OFFICE MANAGER, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.