Hair in other places

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Alex
    Participant
    Is it normal for females to have dark hair around their nipples? I don't want to ask my family or friends because it's too embarrassing but I really need to know from others, preferably health experts or doctors, if this is normal or common.

User Detail :  

Name : Alex, Gender : F, Age : 16, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, 

Shawn
    Participant
    It is totally normal. It's all about puberty. Sometimes it will go away and other times it will not. Just go ahead and pluck them and eventually they will go away. You are totally normal.

User Detail :  

Name : Shawn, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 26, City : Menomonie, State : WI Country : United States, Occupation : Grad. Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

The-Wright
    Participant
    It is completely normal. My mother has it as well--she asked her doctor about it when she was younger and he confirmed it was nothing to worry about. Some people just have more and, sometimes, darker body hair than others. My leg and armpit hair is dark and thick as well despite the fact that I have very pale skin. We are just at the slightly more hairy end of the spectrum of normal. Now if you've been mature for awhile and suddenly start developing a lot of body hair that you didn't have before you might want to see a doctor, but I'd say you shouldn't lose sleep over it.

User Detail :  

Name : The-Wright, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Mormon, City : Salt Lake City, State : UT Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Ann L. Lowenstein
    Participant
    Yes. Everyone of both genders has hair around their nipples. In most women it's very fine and pale, but women who tend to have thick, coarse body hair will frequently have dark, coarse hairs around their nipples, too. Plucking them works well, although it is somewhat painful.

User Detail :  

Name : Ann L. Lowenstein, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Animist, Age : 37, City : K.C., State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Sheek
    Participant
    I'd say most women have hair around their nipples, but some is just darker than others. It's normal... just grab some tweezers and nobody will be the wiser.

User Detail :  

Name : Sheek, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 35, City : Bluefield, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Clerical, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Suzanne Root
    Participant
    My mom does, I think it might be a Hispanic thing, as she is Hispanic but I am only half Hispanic and do not have it. I think this might be a case of 'thank God for tweezers', ya know? I know I would...good luck!

User Detail :  

Name : Suzanne Root, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 41, City : Vista, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : stay at home mom, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

A-Schurman
    Participant
    It can be normal depending on the amount and on the woman's ethnic background. Both my mother and I have a small amount, and we come from a Russian and Romanian background. My sister, obviousely from the same background, does not. The hit and miss of genetics. If a woman was a fair-skinned blonde with thin hair, it would be rather odd. I still feel uncomfortable about it, and less feminine. My mother never had any problems. Maybe current perceptions of beauty have something to do with that.

User Detail :  

Name : A-Schurman, Gender : F, Age : 27, City : Ammon, State : ID Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Anne
    Participant
    Many, many women have some hair around the nipples. It's OK to pluck them out with tweezers if you like, but usually hurts more than plucking eyebrows because nipples are such a sensitive area.

User Detail :  

Name : Anne, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : Iowa City, State : IA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Ashley19703
    Participant
    It iss normal and you can get it waxed, do it yourself even. It goes away.

User Detail :  

Name : Ashley19703, Gender : F, City : Beverly Hills, State : CA Country : United States, 

Rebecca
    Participant
    No! I am Hispanic and I do not have that. Eww.

User Detail :  

Name : Rebecca, Gender : F, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 40, City : Johnstown, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : teacher, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Walter
    Participant
    Honestly, the presence of female body hair is more common in some ethnic groups than in others...Being African-American, having lived in African-American/Latino neighborhoods here in NYC, having plenty of African-American and Latino friends and of course, having dated African-American women and Latinas, to me, it was a fairly common thing to see a Black woman or a Latina that would have body hair...Whether it would be on her arms, or legs, or on the upper lip or sideburns, it was not an uncommon thing at all.....And guess what? It makes them no less feminine nor no less beautiful than any other women of any other races or ethnic backgrounds....Matter of fact, one of my ex-girlfriends, who is Puerto Rican, also had a very full 'treasure trail' from right above her navel, down to her densely and ample-haired pubic region, as did another one of my ex-girlfriends, who is Jamaican....And both of those women had and still have PLENTY of men, black, white, blue, or brown, who think they are lovely....So, please do not let society's influence cause you to look down upon yourself as I am sure that you are lovely as you are!

User Detail :  

Name : Walter, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 39, City : Brooklyn, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Business Owner/Consultant, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Brittany
    Participant
    I do not nor have a seen another woman with hair around her nipples...maybe it exist in people who are lighter but that is alien to me.

User Detail :  

Name : Brittany, Gender : Female, Race : Black/African American, Age : 20, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.