Guys against lesbians

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Genny
    Why are so many guys, especially young ones, so prejudiced against lesbians? Is it just Southern culture? While some don't seem to care - or even have the audacity to ask if they can watch - the majority are rather 'grossed out' by it. Why? To me, I would think that since they are not affected by it, they shouldn't care - as long as I'm not shoving it in their face or making them feel uncomfortable.

User Detail :  

Name : Genny, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Methodist, Age : 15, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Christine
    It's hard enough just being gay and going against the crowd. We are already different from our platonic friends, and thank God for our friends who support us, anyway. We aren't hurting them in any way. Is it so wrong to be happy? The guys who lesbian-bash have no concept of people outside of themselves. They are self-centered and too worried about how our sexual orientation could affect them - and I don't see how my bedroom lifestyle could interfere with anyone else.

User Detail :  

Name : Christine, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : Porterville, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Laura W.
    I know quite a few men who have the attitude you depict, and I also know quite a few who do not. I am completely out at work, so all my co-workers know who I am. From what I've noticed, it appears to be the men who are rather insecure who have a bad attitude toward lesbians and gay men. The men who seem to be secure and authentic don't seem to consider it an issue. I think, therefore, that the men who do have a problem with us feel threatened by any woman who gives any indication that she doesn't feel men are superior by default. I think this anti-lesbian attitude is more an issue of sexism than homophobia, because in my experience, it is just as common - if not more so - among gay men as among straight men.

User Detail :  

Name : Laura W., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 40, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Systems Analyst, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

AP24984
    Participant
    This is the first I have ever heard of this attitude! My partner and I travel all over the world, and the overwhelming response from men is approval (usually accompanised by lust). Lesbianism is very trendy these days (that can be a bad thing, too) and the men we run into are dying to see a show. Over and over they tell us how beautiful it is to see two women together, but that two men together is disgusting. We see the total oppposite prejudice- they are intimidated and grossed out by two men together, not women.

User Detail :  

Name : AP24984, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 24, City : Prince Georges County, State : MD Country : United States, Occupation : Teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

David Rogers
    Participant
    (I'm homophobic)it's not the fact that one is gay, it's the image that comes with it. For example, I like elton john, he acts normal, until i was told he was gay, I didn't know. But there are some people who act really gay, in terms for the way gays are portarayed when made fun of. It's that image that make one homophobic, the portrayal of the gay identity.

User Detail :  

Name : David Rogers, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Nigerian, I don't consider myself black, Religion : Pentecostal, Age : 19, City : Upland, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.