Guys: Whole Truth & Nothing But…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Julie
    Participant
    OK fellas, fess-up: Why do some men feel the need to lie or tell half-truths? Do you males understand that a lie, once it is identified, can cause severe damage to a relationship? Once a woman no longer trusts you, it's only a matter of time before she's gone.

User Detail :  

Name : Julie, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 31, City : Woodbridge, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Event Planning, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Rick29774
    Participant
    Men lie for the same reasons women lie. Why would you think otherwise?

User Detail :  

Name : Rick29774, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, City : Springfield, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Steve27855
    Participant
    We lie to either get sex or power tools. With girlfriends or potential girlfriends, its all angled at the 'prize,' so to speak. It would be nice if women fell into bed with only the truth, but if we have to lie to get someone to give it up, so be it. Women fall for the lies at a high-enough frequency to make it a pretty good risk/reward payout. If your little lies get found out and the relationship is damaged and she walks, well, you still got most of what you wanted.

With wives, we lie to avoid endless pestering. So let's see: I could either beg my wife to 'allow' me to buy that $250 router I've had my eye on at Lowes, or I can just go buy the damn thing and figure she won't see it among all the other thousands of tools I already have in my woodshop. Either way is a hassle, but at least with the second I have the router.

User Detail :  

Name : Steve27855, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 45, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Corporate Slug - No Lie, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

T27533
    Participant
    I find your question peculiar. It is not males only who lie in relationships; I think we all do. 'Oh yes, you look good.' 'No, I don't mind that you forgot.' 'We are just good friends, really.' 'Yeah, sure you can go out. Don't mind me.' 'No I wasn't waiting.' The reason for all of the above, for all those lies and half-lies, is that none of us wants to hurt our loved ones. And all of us want desperately to be loved. So we pretend we're more understanding than we are, more loyal than we are, more caring, more perfect. You see, once a man no longer trusts you, it's only a matter of time before he's gone, too.

User Detail :  

Name : T27533, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Atheist, Age : 32, City : Munich, State : NA Country : Germany, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Alex J.
    Participant
    In regard to 'white lies': I meant to call but I didn't have my phone with me, I can't come to your mother's this weekend because the boss has me working on a special project, I LOVED that movie... These are things we say that range from exxageration to outright lying. I use white lies with women for the same reason I (and most people, including women) use them in everyday life: they don't harm anyone significantly and they make life easier.

Big lies, on the other hand, I never tell. If there's something so important that I would jeopardize my relationship with someone, my view is that she deserves to hear the reason. However, many men feel big lies are justified in special cases: if the subject being lied about was an accident and will not be repeated (i.e. cheating on someone while drunk), if what happened would be misinterpreted, etc.

User Detail :  

Name : Alex J., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 17, City : Elkins Park, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : High School student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Julie
    Participant
    The question was posted to MALES.

User Detail :  

Name : Julie, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 31, City : Woodbridge, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Event Planning, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

ajcoles
    Participant
    In my experience it is women who lie to their men more than men lieing to their women. Maybe not necessarily when the relationship is just starting, that has been addressed earlier. But once in the relationship women tend to 'stretch the truth' or tell 'little white lies' more than their mates. It is encouraged in western civilization shown to be admirable on television. How many advertisments show the woman pulling one over on the man?

User Detail :  

Name : ajcoles, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 46, City : Madison, State : WI Country : United States, 

J. F.
    Men tell a lot of little lies, like: 'No, that dress doesn't make you look fat'. While women may tell fewer, they tell the whoppers, like: 'Sure, the baby is yours'.

User Detail :  

Name : J. F., Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 60, City : Dayton, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.