Goin’ commando

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Rina
    Ladies, I have 'gone commando' (no underwear bottoms) for a few years now. The only time I wear underwear is when I am having my period. My mother has done the same for much of her life (she's now over 50). I am a virgin, and she can count her sexual partners on one hand. Yet when I suggest going commando to other women (to prevent yeast infections, for comfort's sake, etc.), the general opinion is that it is slutty, or that I must be 'secretly kinky.' Has anyone else run into this sort of stupidity? I mean, it's not like I'm wearing see-through skirts; I am conservatively clothed, but because I don't like elastic cutting into my thighs, I'm a whore?

User Detail :  

Name : Rina, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 22, City : Royal Palm Beach, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Lynne
    Participant
    I stopped wearing underwear for comfort when I was 15. I am now almost 30. Wearing undies doesn't make a girl a saint, anymore than the opposite. I wouldn't worry what others think. Some people are not willing to admit it's OK to be unconventional.

User Detail :  

Name : Lynne, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 29, City : Tampa, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

AA
    Participant
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I've done it for years (though mostly in the summer) because I hate panty lines. I don't think there's anything 'slutty' or 'kinky' about it.

User Detail :  

Name : AA, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 30, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Laura W.
    I broke my leg several years ago, wore a cast from my upper thigh to my ankle. It was a bother for me to stretch my undies over it, so I stopped wearing them (the undies, that is). When the cast came off, the undies continued to stay off. It's not something I broadcast or often discuss with people. I don't think you're a whore. It's a matter of convenience for me. Never thought of it as a deterrent to yeast infections. I don't think it would have any effect on that. I say, keep it your own business.

User Detail :  

Name : Laura W., Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 35, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Lily22923
    Participant
    I too have heard that going commando is slutty. But I agree with you it shouldn't matter what you wear under your clothes. If someone has their 'slut' theories, and they allowed you to look in their drawer, I'm sure they would have black underwear - which once again is a sign of 'kinky'. I think these stereotypes are outrageous.

User Detail :  

Name : Lily22923, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Gay, City : Duncanville, State : TX Country : United States, 

Olivia P.
    Participant
    That's just typical sexism rearing its head - people think it's slutty because of a double standard that exists where it is not OK in our country for women to be in control of their own sexualities. I hear you, girl, I go commando all the time!

User Detail :  

Name : Olivia P., Gender : F, Disability : PTSD/anxiety disorder, Race : Caucasian/American Indian/Roma, Religion : Jewish/earth-based/American Indian tribal beliefs, Age : 22, City : Oakland, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : barista, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Melody
    Participant
    I wouldn't say you're a whore, but I have to wonder why you think it's all right to suggest something as intensely personal as going without underwear to your friends and acquaintances. If a friend were to tell me I should go without undies, I'd be somewhat offended. Perhaps you should stay away from sharing such intimate details of your life. Do what you want to do as long as you're not hurting anyone, and let your friends do the same.

User Detail :  

Name : Melody, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 40, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Emily
    Participant
    I went through a long phase (from about age 19-24) of going commando during the spring/ summertime. Maybe I was missing out on some side benefit, but I certainly wasn't out there being promiscuous. But then I never heard any comments about it, either, it was pretty much a non-issue. The cut of a woman's undies, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with her sexual choices.

User Detail :  

Name : Emily, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 29, City : Syracuse, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Artist, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Ann31042
    Participant
    If you were getting yeast infections from your panties, you must have been wearing exclusively polyester, as this doesn't happen with cotton underwear. Also, properly fitting, seamless cotton underwear dosen't cut into anything. That said, the perception that because you have one less layer for a man to remove to get your 'goods' that you must be sexually promiscuous is a typical example of the Puritan mentality that affects this country in so many ways. Remember, Puritans view the female body as profane, so the less covered that body is, even if only by implication, the more profane the person must, by definition, be. Think about 'Basic Instinct.' Roughly 90 percent of the press regarding this film was about Sharon Stone's lack of underwear in one two-minute scene, rather than about how dismally bad, dull and utterly predictable a movie it was.

User Detail :  

Name : Ann31042, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Animist, Age : 37, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Evelyn
    Participant
    My boyfriend doesn't wear underwear, so I tried it for a little while. I didn't like the seams and zippers and rough fabric down there, but I don't think it's particularly slutty. I have heard girls who think it's really dirty/gross not to wear underwear because of discharges and stuff. Maybe they assume that if you don't wear underwear you must like having what they perceive as gross fluids everywhere. And girls are just notoriously unkind to people who don't conform to their arbitrary standards.

User Detail :  

Name : Evelyn, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 21, City : Waco, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Angela32122
    Participant
    Don't worry about what other women may think.. Unless you are having lots of anonymous sex, you are far from being a slut. I also go 'bottomless' and find it much more comfortable.

User Detail :  

Name : Angela32122, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Phoenix, State : AZ Country : United States, 

Evan
    Participant
    If you're comfortable going commando, then I say do it. I don't think that it's 'slutty' or 'kinky' to do it. I go commando from time to time and I agree with you. It's quite comfortable. So if you like it,then do it, forget what anyone else thinks.

User Detail :  

Name : Evan, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Non-Denominational, Age : 24, City : San Antonio, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Tech Support/Programmer, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

Reesa L.
    If men can do it, why can't we? I have a few friends who do it and they are not perverted or kinky. I don't, only because it is uncomfortable, as I wear mainly jeans and they can chaffe. I have a teen daughter who is a virgin and she is comfy going 'bare down there,' and I would never think of her as a whore or slutty.

User Detail :  

Name : Reesa L., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 37, City : Ellensburg, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : waitress/student, 

Jennifer
    Participant
    I say don't worry about what others think of you. If you prefer to 'go commando,' go for it. As far as suggesting that others try it, I would wait for others to approach you on the subject. That would hopefully prevent 'non-commandos' from stating their personal opinion on the matter. I have been without undies about 10 years now (I don't get my period anymore) and I love the freedom. I don't tell people. If I hear a friend or colleague complain about their situation, I suggest they try commando for a day and see if they like it. If not, they can go back to their own way with no one the wiser as to what my preference may be. And by the way, I'm quite sure you are not slutty or secretly kinky.

User Detail :  

Name : Jennifer, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 33, City : Navarre, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jan
    Lord no you're not slutty! I hate underwear. It constantly shifts, crawls, bunches etc. I'm like you: the only time I wear underwear is when I'm on my period, and then I can't wait to rip it off.

User Detail :  

Name : Jan, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 42, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.