Gays acting like opposite sex

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Why can't gay people keep their male or female characteristics instead of acting like the opposite sex?

User Detail :  

Name : Iliana Tredway, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Pentecostal, Age : 29, City : Strathmore, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Substitute Teacher, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Ashley
    Participant
    Not all gay people act like the opposite sex; it just seems that way. There are plenty of people who keep their male/female characteristics.

User Detail :  

Name : Ashley, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 15, City : Hicksville, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, 

Mike20425
    Participant
    I can explain from a male point of view that gay men may act effeminate (though many don't) as an act of freedom. Once you accept your sexual identity, some men refuse to feel restrained by society's view of masculinity and femininity.

User Detail :  

Name : Mike20425, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 18, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

A.N.
    Participant
    The majority of gay people I meet act in the manner members of their gender stereotypically conduct themselves. Gay people act certain ways for different reasons. It always helps to think that for every 'feminine-acting' gay male you meet, there are loads of 'masculine-acting' gays.

User Detail :  

Name : A.N., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 23, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Jenn31011
    Participant
    Sex roles, since they can be broken, are merely social constructions. They in no way dictate masculinity or femininity. They are, essentially, irrelevant.

User Detail :  

Name : Jenn31011, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Greenfield, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

H.
    The vast majority of gay people fit almost all stereotypical gender roles of their own sex. You must only notice the people who seem to act differently to you. Conversely, few heterosexual people fulfill every rigid gender stereotype of their sex. For example, there are heterosexual female athletes and heterosexual male artists. I don't know any gay people who act like the opposite sex. Perhaps you are thinking of transgendered people? Gender identity is separate from sexual orientation.

User Detail :  

Name : H., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : white Southerner, Religion : Methodist, Age : 25, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : statistician, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Pete30376
    Participant
    It's sometihng I've thought about for a long time, and I've come to the conclusion, Why are there macho and feminine stereotypes? Are they valid nowadays? And what about straights who act like the opposite sex? There are many straight people who also act like the opposite sex.

User Detail :  

Name : Pete30376, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Adelaide, State : NA Country : Australia, 

J. L.
    I don't understand. Why *should* they act like heterosexual men and women?

User Detail :  

Name : J. L., Gender : F, Race : Asian, Age : 26, City : Jersey City, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Lucy22426
    Participant
    Not all gay men are sissies, and not all lesbians are butch. In general, people cover the spectrum of the feminine to masculine scale, and gays and lesbians are no different. It is true that some gay men 'overdo' the feminine and some lesbians are really butch, but I think that has more to do with their individual personalities and the society they choose, rather than their sexual orientation.

User Detail :  

Name : Lucy22426, Gender : F, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 26, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Greg
    Well first off, the statistic is that 10% of men in the world are gay, if you take the world population, that's quite a bit. I personally believe that at least 1/3 of those are still 'in the closet' or haven't identified their sexuality yet, and I know personally as a gay guy that their are alot of 'str8 acting' gays, because Im one of them, gays that act like the opposite sex actually are a turn-off for me.

User Detail :  

Name : Greg, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 19, City : Dagsboro, State : DE Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Melinda
    Participant
    i admire, attracted and enjoy the culture and experience of looking and going about as a woman. its the challenge and goal to be as realistic as possbile and to be accepted by other women as a woman.

User Detail :  

Name : Melinda, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Baptist, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : fashion model/designer, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.