Gay men nicer than straight men?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Suzanne Root
    Participant
    Why are all the gay men I meet by far much nicer and more sensitive than the straight men I meet? Every single gay man I have met has been extremely polite and sensitive, to the point of me really being sorry he is not up for grabs by a female, and on the other hand, every single straight male I have ever met, known, been related to, and married, has been femo-phobic, angry, volatile, and extremely non-sensative, to the point of being simply tolerated by every female around them. What gives? And may I say, it's a torture for us females who want a nice sensitive guy!

User Detail :  

Name : Suzanne Root, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 41, City : Vista, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : stay at home mom, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Ann L. Lowenstein
    Participant
    If you want a nice, sensitive, caring straight guy, then stop thinking you can 'tame' or 'reform' total assholes, and start dating nice men seriously, rather than telling them you 'love them as friends.' This is called lying in the bed you made, sweetums.

User Detail :  

Name : Ann L. Lowenstein, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Animist, Age : 37, City : K.C., State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    I don't agree that ALL gay men are nicer than straight men or that all straight men are like you described since that hasn't been my experience. But having said that, the entire process of coming out involves a lot of self-introspection. It involves getting to know oneself and getting in touch with one's emotions. Which makes one a bit more sensitive to the feelings/needs of others. Additionally, having been scorned by society in general, gays (both male and female) tend to be a bit more tolerant of others. Then, of course, there's the fact that a gay man is not trying to get you into bed, which means they can be "real" when dealing with you instead of trying to impress you with the hopes of bedding you. Love and Light

User Detail :  

Name : ShellyStrauss Rollison, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : New Age/Metaphysical, Age : 49, City : New Alexandria, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Minister, writer, activist, CNA, draftsman, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

GordonR
    A lot of straight men are nice. It's just that, to them, you are a potential sex partner, and they feel they have to impress you because they're insecure. Gay men are more relaxed around you because they don't think they have to impress you with their sexual prowess. But get a gay man around a hot male specimen, and he might just turn into a show-off jerk just like your straight male friends.

User Detail :  

Name : GordonR, City : Salt Lake City, State : UT Country : United States, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    I am a female with many gay friends (I'm in theatre). The gay men who enjoy the friendship of women aren't out to impress us or prove anything, so they can be more comfortable around us. My theory is that a lot of straight guys are so hung up on their hetero-sex drive, they can't feel completely comfortable and hang loose around any women whom they find attractive - just my theory. Whadda ya think guys?

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    I work in a business where gay men are over represented in terms of their numbers in the general population. I have dealt with just as many nasty, snarky, cynical bastards who happen to be gay as I have dealt with straight a**holes. Gay men come in all temperaments, just like straight men. Although I will admit that going to dinner or drinks with a gay colleague can be more enjoyable than with a straight one because you know he's not going to get drunk and make a pass at you.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    Bottom line (pardon the pun), gay men are not perceived as threatening to women as straight men are, so we women can relax and be ourselves. Just Curious

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.