GHB and rape

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jon27097
    Participant
    Why would anyone use a drug like GHB to rape someone? Would a rapist not want the person to be awake and aware if the rapist were going to do something like that?

User Detail :  

Name : Jon27097, Gender : M, City : Windsor, Ontario, State : NA Country : Canada, 

Jeff31180
    Participant
    One of the 'convenient' side-effects of GHB is that it clouds your memory -- the victim may recall something happened, but may also forget details. I would imagine that a rapist would prefer that the victim be awake for more obvious reasons (who wants a sleeping partner?).

User Detail :  

Name : Jeff31180, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 32, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Software Engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Alma
    Participant
    The common sterotype about rape is that the act is performed for the sexual gratification. This is not true. Rape has very little to do with sex and EVERYTHING to do with power. It is a control issue. If the rapist uses a drug that incapacitates the victim, they have total control over that person.

User Detail :  

Name : Alma, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Methodist, City : Kempner, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : contract employee, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Leslie22889
    Participant
    Rape is about POWER, not about sex. A woman under the influence is pretty powerless. Also, she may have no recollection of the rape, which could make it more difficult to catch and then prosecute the perpetrator.

User Detail :  

Name : Leslie22889, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Vermillion, State : SD Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Patrick-Wood19909
    Participant
    Some rapists may try avoid physical resistance by drugging the victims. This makes the act much easier, I imagine.

User Detail :  

Name : Patrick-Wood19909, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 19, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Research Assistant, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

J. Ewing
    When I was younger I was raped and the man told me over and over to close my eyes and pretend to be asleep. I could not understand and later asked the counsler I seen why. The counsler told me rape is striclty for control. Few people acually rape for the sexual pleasure. Rape is a crime of power. GHB makes the victim totally helpless and therefore gives the rapist total and complete power. Sorry if my reply is to long.

User Detail :  

Name : J. Ewing, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 20, City : Monroe, State : GA Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Tiffany
    Participant
    My best guess would be that the rapist knows they are doing wrong and by administering that drug, the victim is more likely to forget what happened, therefore the rapist would never have to face consequences. And by the way, the victim is more than likely concious, just unable to do anything. I am unfortunately a victim of GHB. Thank God I was not taken advantage of, but it is a horrible experience. I was at a party and about an hour after I was there I felt like I was so drunk. Everytime I would stand up I would fall down and I could not control my self. I continually puked for about 3 hours (my best guess). I could not pick my head up, so I sat on this couch for a few hours holding my head. I could not close my eyes or I would throw up. I know what its like to be drunk and I wasnt. to anyone that becomes under the influence, my advice to you is to lock yourself in a room or bathroom and try to bring a friend with you in case you lose conciousness.

User Detail :  

Name : Tiffany, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Methodist, Age : 20, City : Flint, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Parts Analyst, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.