Friendly Canadian men

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Christina
    Why do Canadian men always seem so friendly and happy? I have been talking to a Canadian man for some time now, and he's always friendly and nice, and all his friends seem that way, too. I was wondering if there have been any studies on this. Also, are there any studies that show how or whether men from different countries act differently from each other?

User Detail :  

Name : Christina, City : Nashville, State : TN Country : United States, 

Heidi21490
    Participant
    I don't know any studies on the subject, but my opinion (I studied in Toronto for two years) is that Canadians are as good at pretendings as Americans. People in North America don't seem to realize that flattery is not cool; it's stupid and insulting. To set the record straight, I must admit that I also got to know honest and truthful North Americans.

User Detail :  

Name : Heidi21490, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 27, City : Stockholm, State : NA Country : Sweden, Occupation : student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Tony24174
    Participant
    Being a Canadian in the US - I've met mean Canadians and nice Americans (both in Canada and the US). I don't think it's where a person comes from but moreso personality, upbringing and situations. Try driving the Gardiner Expressway in Toronto during rush hour and see how 'nice' Canadians are.

User Detail :  

Name : Tony24174, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Orthodox Christian, Age : 27, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : Analyst, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

samantha
    i DON'T AGREE WITH THE OTHER REPONSE IT'S NOT FLATTERY. CANADIANS FOR THE MOST PART ARE USUALLY HAPPY PEOPLE, THEY DON'T WANT TO CAUSE OTHER PEOPLE TO FEEL HURT OR DESPONDENT. CANADIANS HAVE MANY BENIFITS THERE'S NO REASON TO BE ANGRY ALL THE TIME. BEING A CANADIAN MYSELF FROM TORONTO, SOMEPEOPLE CAN BE RUDE BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS IN ALL COUNTRIES. FOR THE MOST PART CANADIAN ARE CARING, RESPECTFUL, HAPPY AND FUN TO BE WITH! (ESSPECIALLY THE GUYS)

User Detail :  

Name : samantha, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 13, City : toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.