Frankenstein Meets Uncle Sam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Yasu
    I'm a Japanese student in the United States. I'd like to know why, in many American movies, the Americans try to save the earth by themselves. Don't Americans feel other countries can give them help?
    Original Code G22. Click here to see responses from the original archives. Click "to respond" below to reply.

User Detail :  

Name : Yasu, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, 

John-L
    Participant
    As we all know, America is the only country in the world capable of saving anybody - apart from themselves. As a member of the non-American, smaller steak-eating nations, I am very grateful that America is around to save my little hiney in times of trouble. Even if that trouble was caused by America. God Bless America, the only country with politicians you can trust and have sex with. Could you imagine Samoa saving us from the evil Russian empire? Micronesia warding off Arab terrorists? Canada rescuing Micronesia warding off the terrorists? I'm afraid not. What about England? James Bond is the only thing they have to offer, and he is busy having sex all the time. 'Jump off the nest, James, time to save the world.' No way.

User Detail :  

Name : John-L, Gender : M, City : Shizuoka, State : n/ Country : Japan, 

Ravi30066
    Participant
    Those people at Hollywood have the Americans always saving the world because they want the American public to feel good about themselves and their country. They also want to think that their country is the only one in the world that can SAVE the world, and the US may have a good military etc. but it aint THAT good because even they need help sometimes (although they wont admit it!) So THE ABOVE is why!

User Detail :  

Name : Ravi30066, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Hindu, Age : 16, City : Leicester, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Ravi
    Participant
    The people in Hollywood have the Americans always saving the world because they want the American public to feel good about themselves and their country. They also want to think their country is the only one in the world that can save the world. The United States may have a good military, etc. but it ain't that good, because even they need help sometimes (although they won't admit it).

User Detail :  

Name : Ravi, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Hindu, Age : 16, City : Leicester, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.