Female circumcision

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

R. Warren
    I am curious about why female circumcision is practiced in certain cultures. Could someone please help me?

User Detail :  

Name : R. Warren, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 21, City : Melbourne, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Lucy22380
    Participant
    Female circumcision, or more accurately genital mutilation - is the removal of a woman's or girl's clitoris. The clitoris is the most sexually stimulating part of a woman's body, and it is hard for many women to achieve orgasm or even sexual satisfaction without it. Women's sexuality is considered the basis of their power. The thinking behind genital mutilation is that when a women's ability to be sexually stimulated is taken away, she is left powerless.

User Detail :  

Name : Lucy22380, Gender : F, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 26, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

ACC25034
    Participant
    It's because the religious beliefs of some are to make sex less pleasurable, so that theoretically the victim of the mutilation will be less subject to sexual temptation. (For male circumcisions, the aim is to stop masturbation. For females, the aim is to prevent premarital sex.) Just like male circumcision removes the most sensitive part of the penis and makes the act less pleasurable, so does female circumcision aim to stop sexual pleasure by removing the clitoris or outer lips of the vagina. Both sets of religious groups say it's done for the infant's own good (some Westerners also have the misguided notion that male circumcision is done for hygiene), but it's still an act of mutilation done for anti-sex reasons on a helpless baby who has no say in the matter.

User Detail :  

Name : ACC25034, Gender : M, City : Phoenix, State : AZ Country : United States, 

Patrick
    Participant
    female circumcision is to make sex less pleasurable and less tempting, BUT, male circumcision was primarily a matter to prevent the spread of disease. Germs would hide inside the foreskin, and come out during intercourse causing infection in women. This isnt a main concern anymore because we shower quite a bit more than we did in ancient times. So now its primarily cosmetic. I wan my future son to be circumcised only so he will look like daddy.

User Detail :  

Name : Patrick, Gender : M, Race : Irish, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 18, City : Los Altos, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Katie
    The female circumcision in not only a removal of the clitoris it is also the scraping of the vaginal walls and the sewing up of a womans labia to ensure that she stay a virgin for her husband. This is generally a practice not as much related to a religion as it is to specific cultures. They do this because they feel that women who enjoy sex will stray from their husbands. Some also believe that if they do not remove the clitoris it will grow to be a penis. They scrape a womans vaginal walls to cause more friction for a man when penetration occurs. All of this is done to try to keep women subserviant and is usually done to girls who are about 3 years old.

User Detail :  

Name : Katie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 22, City : Loveladn, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Mike McBride
    Participant
    Circumcision does make sex less pleasurable. Point blank, I totally feel that the entire, 'it cleaner' for men thing is just a 'good fact' 2 mislead people and make them agree. Everyones heard of a washcloth and soap. Just use it, I do. I cant believe the american public lets this go on. I guess its the norm, so its just never look out!!! I like the facts, take care man!!!

User Detail :  

Name : Mike McBride, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 23, City : Orlando, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : CSR for BANK1, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Mat
    Participant
    Actually, the New Age version of circumsision just removes the out fold surrounding the clitoris and actually increases sexuality.

User Detail :  

Name : Mat, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : New Age/Metaphysical, Age : 18, City : Janesville, State : WI Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Melissa20773
    Participant
    You know what I watched a like biography about this...also it was on a 'faces of Death' (not recomended for those with weak stomaches)...The reason they did it was to take away a womans pleasure...for lack of better words....It was not nessacary...but was done back in the day because women were looked at as 'breeders' and didnt deserve that type of pleasure. Mel P.s. Sad Huh..

User Detail :  

Name : Melissa20773, City : Antioch, State : CA Country : United States, 

Amanda31493
    Participant
    In some cultures, the ones that treat women as inferior, give girls circumcison's to keep them from enjoying sex. It is to keep them from being sexually active and from commiting adultry..I saw this on Discovery channel

User Detail :  

Name : Amanda31493, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 24, City : Bradenton, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Stay at home mom, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Rebecca-J-Kienzle
    Participant
    We tend to think it as gross when done to a woman because male circumcision is so widely practiced. Most male babies in the US are automatically given the ol' snip and cut. Personally for me, I think uncircumcised penises are the grossest looking things, and I'd never even think of having a boyfriend who wasn't circimcized. Probably a bit shallow of me... Back to the topic, female circumcision is a bit barbaric because ok we think 'oh it's a harmless baby, how could we do that to them etc...' give me a break, someone respond telling me they remember their time as a 1 hour old baby and I'll smack them in the face. The fact is that female genital mutilation as it is sometimes referred to is done when the girl is like 7 years old and fully aware. That is the difference.

User Detail :  

Name : Rebecca-J-Kienzle, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 19, City : Lindenhurst, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : College Student/Cashier, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    I read in a book once that 'Female Circumcisions' are done because women are not intended to experience the pleasures of sex or orgasms, feelings of sexuality is solely to benefit the male.

User Detail :  

Name : D. Mitchell, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 36, City : Dallas, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Subrina27731
    Participant
    I dont understand why they would want ot that to girls i mean i cant picture my self ever being without any feeling to sex. i have two boys one is 9 and the youngest is 2 i had them both circumcized but i did it so that they wont have to go through the pain that comes with std's but reading these responses had i known then what i know now i would not have done it

User Detail :  

Name : Subrina27731, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Christian, Age : 26, City : middletown, State : CT Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower class, 
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.