Female athletes in male sports

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Carrie
    To female athletes: How do you feel playing traditionally male sports? What do you think about the boxing deal with "Smokin' Joe Frasier's" daughter?

User Detail :  

Name : Carrie, City : constantia, State : NY Country : United States, 

Seamus28239
    Participant
    I say more power to them and God help their boyfriends. Personally I can't watch female boxing. It just doesn't sit right with me. I can't even watch two drunken bag ladies rumble. It ruins the pristine image I have of the female. Maybe it's time they came off of that pedestal.

User Detail :  

Name : Seamus28239, Gender : M, Age : 20, City : Charlestown, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : Clock watcher, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower class, 

Mel W.
    Participant
    I am female, a college student and a freestyle wrestler. My view on being in a male-dominated sport is this: If I'm good at it and have fun, it doesn't matter which gender dominates the sport. I suppose it helps that wrestling is gaining more popularity among women, so I'm not in the same boat as a female boxer or hockey player, who are still in the extreme minority.

User Detail :  

Name : Mel W., Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : Gunnison, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.