Fat adult fast-food workers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Logan28904
    Participant
    Why are most adult fast-food workers fat? It seems like every time I go to Mcdonalds or Wendys the workers are fat. Why is this?

User Detail :  

Name : Logan28904, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 15, City : Orange Park, State : FL Country : United States, 

Cari
    Participant
    Just a theory: they can't afford to eat healthier, lower-fat diets. Adults working in fast-food establishments probably aren't at the top of the wage scale, and it's been noted before that healthier diets, such as those replete with fish, lean meat, chicken and fresh vegetables, are relatively more expensive. I'd imagine that you'll see the same thing in other relatively low-wage jobs.

User Detail :  

Name : Cari, Gender : F, City : Austin, State : TX Country : United States, 

Ann L. Lowenstein
    Participant
    In case you haven't noticed, a lot of adults in general - and a lot of kids, too - are fat. Fast food franchises pull their workers from the general population, so it stands to reason that a lot of their workers will be fat, if a lot of the general population is. I'm not sure if you're trying to make some causal connection or bizarre political statement with this question, but I'd be willing to bet most of those fat fast food workers were fat before they started working there, Chief.

User Detail :  

Name : Ann L. Lowenstein, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Animist, Age : 37, City : K.C., State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

jemma19687
    Participant
    probably due to unhealthy diet and lack of exercise...if you work at a fast food joint all day you dont have much time to exercise, and you would tend to eat lunch at work if there's no where nearby to go and you are too lazy to make your own. One of my teachers used to tell us that it takes around 3 years for a bad diet to impact drastically on your looks, so it probably snuck up on them

User Detail :  

Name : jemma19687, City : adelaide, State : NA Country : Australia, 

sazz
    Participant
    I used to work at a burger king when i was 15, and i gained so much weight working there. the reason is because we got so much free food and free drinks, and we would eat them while working so there was no chance to go out and excercise. I hate burger king. they made me fat. :( Though im also worried that the job im in now is doing that, as we have free stuff at the end of the day, like crossints and cakes and stuff.

User Detail :  

Name : sazz, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Presbyterian, Age : 18, City : Auckland, State : NA Country : New Zealand, Occupation : Cafe worker, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

JaredW.
    Is it possible that the larger adult workers in such places are the only ones you are noticing? People tend to notice people they don't like more than average people who don't stand out. Possible that you are only noticing those people.

User Detail :  

Name : JaredW., Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 26, City : Robesonia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Cook, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.