“Everyday People”?

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Dot.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Renea
    Participant
    Who are "Everyday People"? Are there "Sunday and Holiday" people? I've heard this expression used several times lately, and not just in TV commercials.

User Detail :  

Name : Renea, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : late 50s, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    I believe "everyday people" are considered middle-middle class or lower, people without special priveleges or wealth. The term is used condescendingly sometimes by those who consider themselves smarter, more sophisticated or wealthier. Simpler definition: people who have to work for a living and often live from one paycheck to the next. Just Curious

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    Everyday people are those who have to work for a working-to-middle-to-upper-middle class living, regardless of where they live and what they do. Normal people on both coasts have been slammed unmercifully by agitators like Sarah Palin who seem to want to divide the country into some red/blue/urban/rural rift. Working is working and financial insecurity is universal whether you're a plumber, an actor or a farmer. We're ALL everyday people (unless you're Warren Buffet or Paris Hilton).

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Burt B
    Participant
    When I use the term, I mean average folks. Not poor, not rich. I suppose I even mean folks without an accent, but not necessarily of a particular racial background. Someone you would grab a beer with. I have never heard of "Sunday and Holiday" people.

User Detail :  

Name : Burt B, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Jewish, Age : 48, City : Irvine, State : CA Country : United States, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.