Eddie on Big Brother

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jayne31117
    Participant
    I was watching Big Brother on TV with a friend. I said I thought Eddie was really great. My friend said, 'How can you look at a man with one leg gone?' It doesn't matter to me - he's strong, funny, open and handsome. Why would girls not want to go out with Eddie?

User Detail :  

Name : Jayne31117, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 24, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : media planner, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jules
    Participant
    It was interesting on the show that Eddie told Cassandra he had previously only dated older women, since younger women wouldn't date a guy with one leg, but older women didn't seem to mind. I guess compared to Eddie I'm an older woman, but it wouldn't have made any difference to me when I was younger, either. He is sensitive, funny, very masculine and extremely sexy! I do believe that I would need some time to get used to whatever his stump looked like, and I don't know that it would be easy, but that would absolutely not stop me from dating him. I guess I didn't answer your question, but I wanted to let you know that I think your friend is nuts, too.

User Detail :  

Name : Jules, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Methodist, Age : 30, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Mid-level manager, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Cherita
    Unfortunately, people still have prejudice toward people with handicaps. I watch that show all the time, and I have to admit that Eddie is pretty strong. I bet if Eddie were a millionaire, your friend would have a different opinion of him!

User Detail :  

Name : Cherita, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Paul30500
    Participant
    It is disheartening to hear that people have these misconceptions about people who are missing limbs. I am in a martial art and my sifu (teacher) has an artificial leg. She has had it a majority of her life and still has progressed to the point where she is an expert teacher in her art. It proves that no matter the handicap, you can still turn out to be a wonderful person - and great teacher.

User Detail :  

Name : Paul30500, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 24, City : St. Paul, State : MN Country : United States, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

TheIncredible23
    Participant
    I am a short woman with glasses and self-esteem problems. Through high school I was told how ugly and weird I was. And as a person who was not sought out for dates by men who had 'better' alternatives, I am grateful that good-looking women overlook disabled men. Many disabled men are smart, nice and generally what my mom would call 'a good catch,' but because they can't get the A-list girls, they're left for chicks like me!

User Detail :  

Name : TheIncredible23, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 28, City : Tumwater, State : WA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.