E-commerce

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Robie
    How do people think e-commerce is going to affect us in the future? Can a business continue in business without joining the e-commerce bandwagon?

User Detail :  

Name : Robie, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 19, City : bloomington, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

John
    Participant
    I work in an independent used-book store, and usually, even though we don't make very much money anyway, at least half of each day's sales are over the internet. If we hadn't started listing books online a little over a year ago, we'd be out of business by now.

User Detail :  

Name : John, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 25, City : Madison, State : WI Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Mike20375
    Participant
    Some businesses will continue and not be affected by e-commerce at all, it really depends on the type and size of the company. Others, are mandated by customers or suppliers to conduct their business electronically. For others, the potential revenue that they are missing out on is enough for them to make the investment.

User Detail :  

Name : Mike20375, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 39, City : Totonto, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : E-Commerce Systems Analyst, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Lee25003
    Participant
    How a business will succeed on or off the e-commerce bandwagon depends on the nature of the business. Some businesses would benefit enormously by joining the bandwagon - for example many times I browse a store's merchandise online before I hit the store, because I want to make sure they have items I'm interested in to save a possibly wasted trip. If I'm too lazy to go to the store, or if there are items on sale that might be hard to still find at the brick-and-mortar store, I'll order online. If I'm in the mood for a trip and I want to save shipping and handling, I'll hit the brick-and-mortar store.

User Detail :  

Name : Lee25003, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 32, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Computer Programmer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.