Doodle on this one

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Toast24639
    Participant
    Why do black people eat so much cheese doodles and drink grape soda?

User Detail :  

Name : Toast24639, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 24, City : Stratford, State : CT Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Corliss
    Participant
    I don't believe it is a race or ethnic trait. I happen to love cheese doodles, and grape drink has always been my favorite and that of my older sister. We identify as white, but have some Native American blood. Hmmm ... well, time for a snack. Where are my cheese doodles?

User Detail :  

Name : Corliss, City : Chattanooga, State : TN Country : United States, 

Tonini
    Participant
    Blacks eat cheese doodles because they taste good, and they drink grape soda because it tastes good, too. Normally when something tastes good, people will consume it more. We also like Doritos, Lays Chips, Hanover Chips, Pepsi, Sprite and Coca-Cola. I think if you focus on one particular item, that is all you will see. Let your eyes run wild and you'll see black people eating Triscuits and drinking mineral water, too.

User Detail :  

Name : Tonini, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 24, City : Nashville, State : TN Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Steve27604
    Participant
    I don't know, but a few years ago a black female co-worker and I found out that we shared a passion for Mountain Dew and Malted Milk Balls. She complimented me on having a 'black palate.' I wasn't sure I knew what she meant, but I did consider it a compliment. My wife, on the other hand, believes I have the arrested taste buds of a 10-year-old.

User Detail :  

Name : Steve27604, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 44, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Corporate Cubicle Guy but soon to be promoted, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Gene21626
    Participant
    I am a 46-year-old African American. What is a cheese doodle ? I have not had a grape soda since the '60s. How did you determine 'all black people eat so much cheese doodles and drink grape soda'?

User Detail :  

Name : Gene21626, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 46, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : self-employed, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Jaimee
    Because they are cheap! And when you are poor in the hood, you learn to buy/get used to the cheapest stuff you can.

User Detail :  

Name : Jaimee, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 31, City : Somerset, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : Information Analyst, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

BJ
    Name 10 black people you know who eat a lot of cheese doodles and drink grape soda. I hate cheese doodles and grape soda! My wife hates cheese doodles and grape soda! My three college roommates and I never bought cheeze doodles and grape soda! My dad is diabetic and can't eat cheese doodles and grape soda! I bet Marion Jones doesn't eat cheese doodles and drink grape soda! I bet Carl Lewis doesn't each cheese doodles and drink grape soda! I bet Colonel Charles Young didn't eat cheese doodles and drink grape soda! I bet Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. didn't eat cheese doodles and drink grape soda! I have just given you 10 blacks who don't eat cheese doodles and drink grape soda. Can you give me 10 who do?

User Detail :  

Name : BJ, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 24, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Mining/Energy, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    I don't buy cheese doodles, and I hate grape soda. One less black you can stereotype.

User Detail :  

Name : West-Indian-American-female24431, Gender : F, Race : West Indian-American, Age : 21, City : Metro New York, State : NY Country : United States, 

Denise
    Participant
    Aw, geez! I'm not familiar with that as being a general characteristic of the black community. I likes me some cold Diet Coke and pretzels or popcorn myself. I also likes me plenty of vegetables and fruits, instead of sweet foods.

User Detail :  

Name : Denise, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Follower of Jesus, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : teacher/housewife, Education level : Technical School, 

Kim26368
    Participant
    What is a cheese doodle? Is it like a cheese puff?

User Detail :  

Name : Kim26368, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Catholic, Age : 30, City : Oceanside, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Govt. worker, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Illuminate
    Blacks eat so many Cheese Doodles and Grape Soda because they have a love affair with salt, which Cheeze Doodles have a lot of. They also have a love affair with variety when it comes to soft drinks. They love many different flavors: orange, grape, cherry, etc. Just like the salt love affair, there's the sugar love affair as well. Those flavors are very high in sugar.

User Detail :  

Name : Illuminate, Gender : M, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, 

Val
    I cannot tell you why black people like Cheez doodles or grape soda. Including the above, there are certain snacks that do appeal to our palate: Bar-B-Que Chips, Chic-o-sticks, Lemonheads and other sour candies, and cinnamon candies. Beverages - Kool-Aid (cherry, strawberry), Tahitian treats, orange and strawberry sodas. We also like Texas Pete hot sauce on our food (especially fried fish and chicken). This does not apply to all black people, but for all I know it is applicable.

User Detail :  

Name : Val, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 40, City : Norfolk, State : VA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Elaine
    Participant
    Do you want us to believe that you don't know any white people who eat cheese doodles and drink grape soda? I don't know any blacks who do, but I have been to many homes of whites who serve cheese doodles as snacks. What's your point?

User Detail :  

Name : Elaine, Gender : F, City : Newport News, State : VA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

kristy26299
    Participant
    BECAUSE WE HAVE A LOVE AFFAIR!!! What kind of answer is that!! Would it be right of me to say that other races have a love affair with a food!! What ever you were trying to say, that is horrible wording!! And to generalize like that! You enjoy food and love people. Not every black person loves these things!! I personally love Dr.Pepper and don't eat potato chips or anything fried like that.

User Detail :  

Name : kristy26299, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 17, City : Hartford, State : CT Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower class, 

tina28579
    Participant
    To my knowledge i don't believe that most blacks eat cheese doodles. I prefer popcorn or plain chips and as for soda, my favorite is peach. And I do know some blacks that like cheese doodles and grape pop but for the most part not at the same time. Also I work at a Meijer supermarket and while checking out the customers groceries I see more whites and other races buy more cheese doodles than blacks. As for grape soda i like it but, I buy what I prefer at the time.

User Detail :  

Name : tina28579, Gender : F, Age : 25, City : Ypsilanti, State : MI Country : United States, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.