Do white people only wear blue jeans?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Nanen
    Participant
    Why do white people always wear blue jeans? Is it strictly American whites or all whites? It seems like all I see white people wear when dressing casually is blue jeans and a t shirt. I mean there are variations of jean designs, but basically it's always blue jeans and the only thing unique would be the shirt. You compare a group of black people and a group of white people and it's like the white people are in uniform or something.

User Detail :  

Name : Nanen, Gender : M, Race : Black/African American, Age : 21, City : Memphis, State : TN Country : United States, 

Lynne28694
    Participant
    Well, white people don't only wear blue jeans, but yes, they are by far the most common style of casual clothing that I see worn by white people up to about age 40 or so. At least where I live, there is a lot more variety in shirts than just t shirts--women, especially, wear all types of shirts with jeans. As to whether all white people like jeans or just Americans, I haven't traveled widely in Europe but where I've been, jeans are very popular, but not to the degree they are in the U.S. As to why they're so popular, I don't really know. Probably different people like them for different reasons. For me, a large part of it is that because they do come in so many different styles, a new pair of jeans can be both familiar and different. And also, because they are so common, people probably just think of them first when deciding what to wear. It's probably similiar to young black men and sagging pants. Maybe some like them because they're comfortable and some because they like the way they look, but whatever the reason, it's just a fashion that's widely admired by a large group of people.

User Detail :  

Name : Lynne28694, Gender : F, City : Gainesville, State : FL Country : United States, 

J-Bartholoma28707
    Participant
    Blue jeans are comfortable. Plain and simple.

User Detail :  

Name : J-Bartholoma28707, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 16, City : Bloomfield Hills, State : MI Country : United States, 

Gina-H
    Participant
    Wow, you are right! That is all I buy really for casual. I wear jeans outside of work 98 percent of the time. I'm not too interested in my fashion but most teen girls and guys are very picky about their jeans. I do admire the bold colors and accessories I see black people wearing, which are very beautiful.

User Detail :  

Name : Gina-H, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 46, City : Flint, State : MI Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Maria
    Participant
    Look around. Every white person you see will be wearing jeans, and only jeans, ALL THE TIME. The black uniform appears to be over-sized jeans hanging so low that we all have to see their underwear or over-sized white t-shirts that hang down below their knees. The guys look like they're wearing ugly dresses.

User Detail :  

Name : Maria, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 35, City : Raleigh, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : Writer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

CLR
    Participant
    I only own one pair of non-jeans and only one skirt. This has as much to do with hatred of shopping as it does availability of jeans, which are very forgiving and last for years. I can shop for hours trying to find a decent pair of trousers or I can try on a couple pair of jeans and be out of the store in under 10 minutes. I'm rather glad it's culturally acceptable to get away with this.

User Detail :  

Name : CLR, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 25, City : Seattle, State : WA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Bella28749
    Participant
    Americans wear blue jeans more than anybody in the whole world I think. I live in the USA but I'm not American. I don't wear blue jeans because they're seen everywhere, from the guy picking up your trash on the garbage truck to the young, hot Hollywood starlet, everyone's wearing them but I don't. I let my toddler wear jeans because they are rugged as play clothes. That's what jeans were originally designed for, rugged pants for working men.

User Detail :  

Name : Bella28749, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Afro-Caribbean, Religion : Christian, Age : 35, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : executive secretary, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

StephanieS.
    Participant
    I think that generally white people like to fit in more. And Jeans seems to be the uniform. I used to have a pair of black jeans and I found out later that whenever I wore them people thought that I was rebelling, or trying to be emo or Goth. I just thought they looked nice.

User Detail :  

Name : StephanieS., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 16, City : Herndon, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Josh P.
    Participant
    I have friends of many different backgrounds and ethnic groups... we all wear blue jeans... they just feel and look good.

User Detail :  

Name : Josh P., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Half Italian, Half mixed white, Religion : Catholic, Age : 22, City : N, State : LA Country : United States, Occupation : Firefighter, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

AmyM
    Participant
    I'd never noticed that, but I did notice some uniforms of black teenagers: huge white T-shirts, black parkas with fur around the face. I wonder if there's a regional dimension to this because in Philadelphia T-shirts are a little too casual for most adults.

User Detail :  

Name : AmyM, Gender : Female, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 42, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.