Do men get groped?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Jay31107
    Participant
    As a female who must contend daily with cat calls, sexual remarks, ogles and being followed, I was wondering if men ever experience these things. If not, how do they feel when witnessing such incidents?

User Detail :  

Name : Jay31107, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Charles32282
    Participant
    I don't think anything like that has ever happened to me. I think once a gay man may have looked me up and down, but that's about it. When I see that behavior done to other women, I check to see what the other guys are looking at. I many times often engage in the same behavior. I know it makes the woman uncomfortable. Why do I do it? Maybe it's nature. I also think to some extent if the woman didn't want the attention, she shouldn't dress that way. Don't women ever look at extremely handsome, well-dressed men?

User Detail :  

Name : Charles32282, Gender : M, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, 

Bella23342
    Participant
    I once asked a male friend whether guys get groped by women. He said to me (disappointedly), 'No, we can't seem to get you all to do that.'

User Detail :  

Name : Bella23342, Gender : F, Age : 30, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, 

M.K.
    Participant
    I have not been groped, but I have experienced a great deal of unwanted attention. This has taken the form of semi-aggressive stares, movements and badly veiled comments. Though this is not sexual in origin (at least probably not by intent) and more to do with social stigmatization, I have drawn some comfort from the notion that I am experiencing something women have had to put up with since time immemorial. The effect on my psyche has been quite devastating.

User Detail :  

Name : M.K., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 31, City : Sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, Education level : Technical School, 

Matthew
    Participant
    I am considered a sexy/attractive male and get attention from others all the time. The difference is women are much more subtle about it. They can say so much more with a sustained look and smile than a man who is making gutteral noises. Cat-calling and making sounds is usually done to impress other males in the vicinity. The male feels it shows his sexual prowess. I don't think it has a thing to do with the woman involved. Being rude to someone is a put-down, not a compliment.

User Detail :  

Name : Matthew, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 45, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, 

Alex29054
    Participant
    I experienced a few sexual remarks while in middle school but never thought much of it. During P.E., I'll be doing my exercises, and a few girls will come up behind me and grab my butt or make comments about it. I never really put much thought into it, because as a guy, if I were to say anything about it, people would automatically say I was gay, which I'm not.

User Detail :  

Name : Alex29054, Gender : M, City : Bakersfield, State : CA Country : United States, 

Rick29956
    Participant
    While out jogging, I have received catcalls from women in passing cars on more than one occasion, but not often. Once I was running past a group of college-age women and one of them groped my backside. I was too shocked to respond and just kept running. Later, I got really angry about it. I have also been hit-on by gay men and female prostitutes. I think men who do such things to women are immature jerks. In a couple of instances, I have confronted other guys about such behavior.

User Detail :  

Name : Rick29956, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, City : Springfield, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

pwokenyaw
    Participant
    When I was 20 years old and living in Chile, I got that kind of response from high school girls, or younger. I found it really annoying at the time. I now look back on it more fondly. Went back to Chile 10 years later - not a movie star any more. I wonder if middle aged women also feel differently about the attention they got when they were younger. On the other hand, for me it was only a year, and never (almost) threatening.

User Detail :  

Name : pwokenyaw, City : SF, State : CA Country : United States, 

KCE
    While working at one of the theme parks for Halloween, both guys and us gals (employees here)get groped. I asked one of the guys who I witnessed get his tail pinched what he wanted to do about it. He said nothing, he enjoyed it. Others had as well, even after I sent security after the girls who did it. They may not have wanted to persue it, but when my tail got spanked by a guest I wanted to throw the book at him. Unfortunately, he got away...

User Detail :  

Name : KCE, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 28, City : Orlando, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : scientist, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Gillian D.
    Dress what way, exactly? In something other than a potato sack? If a woman is considered reasonably attractive, men seem to think it's OK to make the most awful comments, hand gestures, whatever, regardless of the way she's dressed. That's not nature - that's societal conditioning. I've known men who honestly believe a woman should consider herself complimented if a stranger yells 'nice ass!' as she's crossing the street, or whatever. That's not complimentary - that's scary, and rude in the extreme.

User Detail :  

Name : Gillian D., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 39, City : Fallon, State : NV Country : United States, Occupation : administrative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Greta
    I was in a club one time which was packed so you had to shove your way through to get anywhere in it. I was wearing men's pants (because I always do) and probably an ordinary T-shirt. Somebody grabbed me in the ass and I couldn't tell who it was or get a hold of the hand because the place was so crowded. If I would have gotten a better grip on the hand, I would have broken a finger. It's self-defense. Even though I'm a little bit on the small size, I'm stronger than I look (I'm a rugby player). If you grab people's asses or give them similar 'attention', eventually you'll come across a rugby player or a black belt or somebody with a knife and get what's coming to you.

User Detail :  

Name : Greta, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : undefined, Race : unknown, Age : 27, City : Olmsted Falls, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : graphic designer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Monika
    Participant
    Yes, men do get groped because I grope them. HA HA!

User Detail :  

Name : Monika, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 27, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Computer Programmer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    Ever since I got past 10th grade (apparently I became sexy then) I have gotten cat calls, gotten grouped (which I will admit is not very fun) had many sexual remarks made and such. No clue why they do such weird things, especially when I shy away from it (especially the grouping). I dislike it when guys do it, although I am sure that I have done catcalls before. There was a girlfriend that I met because unconsciouly when she walked by I whistled. My friends and I don't do it much, more often than not we just point the out and go, 'hey, she's hot' 'yea she is... looking good' and thats it. If a man starts following a pretty lady that I am looking at, I keep watching, probably because I am protective of women (even if I don't know them) and so I am rather worried when a guy starts following them. Most of the time the guy goes away, but you never know what could happen. My suggestion would be to attempt to ignore it as it will not cease for a while yet.

User Detail :  

Name : Ian Laughlin, Gender : M, Age : 18, City : Palmer, State : AK Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, 

Mike
    Participant
    I have never been personally groped that I can remember. I wanted to comment though, on the second part of your question. When I see other men groping women in a public setting it disgusts me. It's dissapointing to me to ever see a man act in such a disrespectful way.

User Detail :  

Name : Mike, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 22, City : Bismarck, State : ND Country : United States, Occupation : Marketing Guru, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Michael20657
    Participant
    It has happened to me a few times in my life, and every time it has involved girls who are drunk. I think the last time was about 5 years ago in a bar in Perth, Australia, and if I remember correctly, the first time was about 22 years ago walking past a bus stop in Portsmouth, UK. In total I would say around 5 or 6 times in my life, with a long gap between each one. For a guy it's very different, as the rarity of the event, and the size of most men's egos makes it a kind of enjoyable thing, wheras with women it's not a nice thing. I almost wish I could say I am offended when it happens, but in reality I have enjoyed the attention.

User Detail :  

Name : Michael20657, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 40, City : Charlotte, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : Data analyst, Education level : 4 Years of College, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.