Do I dare ask…..Would you date a retard?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    I was at work one day when a hot chick walked in with her parents. She was outgoing, positive, a beam of sunshine, and obviously mentally handicapped. They left never to be seen agian. But it got me wondering, would it be ethical to date the mentally challenged? And in what way is she less attractive than a smart girl who could hold up her side in an interesting conversation but instead just constantly complains? Would the challenges of dating someone who isn't smart but is happy be worse than the challenges of dating someone who it turns out isn't nice? Also if you are the parents do you let her date? Do you let her marry?

User Detail :  

Name : GuyGuyerson, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 45, City : boise, State : ID Country : United States, Occupation : self employed construction, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    Would I let my daughter date date a 45-year old, self employed man with a high school diploma? No. That said, I'm only 19. But a high school diploma? If you're a 45-year old asking this question then you're probably neither smart nor happy. I wonder how she would cope with it. No offense, though.

User Detail :  

Name : CeleronCyto, Gender : Male, Age : 18, City : Maplewood, State : NJ Country : United States, 

SD
    Are you serious? Let's put the legal and ethical issues aside for a moment. Why would any man who is not developmentally disabled want to date a woman who is? Do you have issues meeting women your age who are not disabled? I think this question is best answered by further self-introspection and guidance by a more qualified expert thatn one you would find on this site. People who seek other people who have some type of disadvantage (financial, emotional, mental, health, etc) often have unresolved issues. Relationships are partnerships. When one person has a significant advantage (in this case, intellectual) over the other, it is extremely unhealthy and dysfunctional.

User Detail :  

Name : SD, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 38, City : Tampa, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Executive, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.