Definition of pedophilia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Andrew Parker
    Participant
    I'm 16 and attracted to younger girls, i.e. 13- and 14-year-olds. This is because I tend to like smaller breasts. As far as I know, pedophilia is defined as liking children, prepubescent specifically, simply because they are children. Does the fact that I'm attracted to these younger girls for a specific reason make any difference?

User Detail :  

Name : Andrew Parker, Gender : M, Age : 16, City : Seattle, State : WA Country : United States, 

Earl
    Participant
    The root for this word means to love, especially to love children. Within the field of psychiatry, it means an unnatural desire for sexual relations with children. By implication, it means the desire to have sex with boys or girls too young to resist or understand the implications of what they are doing, thereby defiling their innocence. By law, having sex with anyone under the age of 17 (some states it is 18), whether consentual or not, is defined as statutory rape. That means you can go to jail for doing this, usually for a long time. If you have sex with anyone without their consent and active participation, even if their age is above the age for statutory rape, it is considered rape. Therefore, if the attraction you feel for these young girls is confined to admiration, there is nothing wrong with it. If your desire goes beyond admiration into action, you may be over the legal line and you may have to pay a heavy price for those actions. Society tries to protect its' young. Even criminals look down on pedophiles in prison. When you are old enough to steer clear of statutory rape, show your appreciation by dating women with small breasts. If you treat them with honesty and respect, they will probably appreciate being treated that way.

User Detail :  

Name : Earl, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 68, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Retired, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Megan H.
    Participant
    I don't think that at the age of 16, being attracted to 13 or 14 yr. olds defines you as being a pedophile. Many men prefer smaller breasts and this does not infer that they are attracted to children. I would, however, make a conscious effort to consider girls your own age. The teen years are so packed with changes that even a year's difference is considerable. A girl of 14 is at a completely different maturity stage than a girl of 16. Remind yourself it's okay to prefer smaller breasts, but breast size isn't necessarily correlated to age. If you view age as the link, you're setting yourself up for issues down the line..for example, it is NOT acceptable to be attracted to 14 yr. olds at the age of 19. Consciously direct your attractions while you're young and impressionable.

User Detail :  

Name : Megan H., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Niles, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Vail27401
    Participant
    If you still prefer them in a couple of years, then you've got a problem.

User Detail :  

Name : Vail27401, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : south southwest, Race : mutt, Religion : Atheist, Age : 40, City : Philly, State : PA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

DG
    Participant
    typically pedophilia is considered to be attraction to prepubscent children by adults. if the girls you like are but a few years younger it might not be so important, unless of course you continue to like girls of that particular age while you become older. in america there has been a paranoia and extention of meaning with pedophilia over the last 110 years or so. now in puritan america (and anywhere in the world where it can exert it's cultural influence) 17 to 18 seems to be the norm as to what is considered an adult. Biologically speaking this is a falsehood as to the definition of prepubscent, girls generally tend to hit puberty around 12 or 13, boys 14-15. Pubesence is the time when the body becomes sexually mature so attraction to a member of the opposite sex going through this period isn't unnatural but is considered culturally taboo in the west. Up until the beginnings of the Progressive Movement 1890-1915 marriage was quite natural as young as twelve. The Progressives grew out of the growing shift in populations from rural to urban life and placed education high on their priority list as part of this shift. It's quite hard to educate a married woman rearing her second or third child at the age of 17 so the progressive tried to re-establish the definiton of an adult as 17 or 18 (about the time a young person would finish high school) Few people today are awarwe that their cultural moral is relatively modern. As far as natural instinct there is nothing wrong whatsoever with being attracted to members of the opposite sex who are a bit young.

User Detail :  

Name : DG, Gender : M, City : mokena, State : IL Country : United States, Social class : Lower class, 

zeezeeumms
    Participant
    how do you fit the characteristics of a pedophile? particularly given that you are 16 and like 13 and 14 year olds? dont even worry about it! 14 year old are in high school, and 13 year olds are on their way there is no BIG difference in appearrance between a 13 and a 14 year old... and that is NOT a prepubescent age... just leave those 9 and 10 year olds alone and you'll be fine relax! thats your right age group

User Detail :  

Name : zeezeeumms, City : york, State : PA Country : United States, 

GucciChuc21610
    Participant
    If you were 18, and looking at 13 and 14 year olds it would be considered pedophilia, and statutory rhape. Anyone under the age of 18 is considered a minor, and you are not a pedophile for looking at your counterpart.

User Detail :  

Name : GucciChuc21610, City : LA, State : CA Country : United States, 

Dee W
    Participant
    I am not qualified to define pedophilia but as a woman who was a girl and a mother of a boy I am going to take a swing at this. My mate and I are 2 years apart. I was 13 and he was 15. Believe me!, at that time he seemed like a mature, older man to me! I think a boy your age find the girls your age intimidating and more developed emotionally than he is. I believe you are drawn to younger girls because to them you can be the older male protector. While liking smaller breasts may be part of it I belive you will find them less threatening, interesting and able to enjoy the things that entertain you while they look up to you, giving your self confidence a boost. Just remember, they trust you to care for them and protect them, don't betray their trust.

User Detail :  

Name : Dee W, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 49, City : Grand Rapids, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Sales, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    Legally, at least in the USA, a pedophile is defined as someone who has sexual desires for persons under age 18. This is unfortunate because adolescent girls are, biologically, quite attractive targets simply because God or Nature (your preference) designed them that way. But there are plenty of older women who have small, even tiny breasts, so hopefully as you grow older you'll find them equally attractive. I myself have always been attracted to younger women, but have always had enough good sense to intentionally stay away from intimate contact with any young enough to get me sent to prison, and I hope you will, too. Good luck!

User Detail :  

Name : Randy Anderson, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 44, City : Grrenbrier, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : currently unemployed, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Pauly
    Participant
    My guess, and that is all this is, would be that this may be an area of concern for you, especially if it continues for some years to come. With you being 16 now, I don't see it as a major issue, but even now, it would be statuatory rape if you go for someone that age! I would try to stick to your age group and be careful. You might want to speak to a counselor in a hypothetical sort of way to hopefully find some answers, however, remember, all information you tell them is NOT confidential if a crime or abuse has been committed!!

User Detail :  

Name : Pauly, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 33, City : Princeton, State : WI Country : United States, Occupation : Self-Employed, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Sydney Stein
    Participant
    Pedophilia usually refers to ADULTS who are sexually stimulated by children. And those adults are attracted to young kids for a specific reason, too. And if caught, they will be sent to jail for that specific reason---it's against the law. And so is a 16 year old boy being sexual with 13-14 year old girls. Whether a guy is 26 or 86 or 16, if he is caught being sexual with a young girl then he will be labeled as a Child Molester----and that is NOT something you want on your permanent record. Rafael, you would be better off and less likely to get caught (and being sent to jail) if you stick with girls your own age. Look around, if you prefer small-chested females there are plenty around who are 16, 26, 36, etc. Most plastic surgeons make the majority of their millions helping small breasted women increase their chest size. But not every female can afford it, so remain small-chested.

User Detail :  

Name : Sydney Stein, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Disability : Chronic headaches, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Unity School of Christianity, Age : 47, City : Denver, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : Canine Masseuse, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Sara
    I think it's fine for a 16 year old to date a 14 year old. Sex shouldn't be an issue at those ages. If the question is mostly based on breast development, there are many women of all ages with small breasts. I think the problem would be if a 16 year old was attracted to a childish or child-like 16 year old. Or, as they reach a more mature age, are still attracted to 13 or 14 year olds. On a side note, as you are only 16, it might be a good time to meet someone as a friend and get to know them that way first. Body-type isn't the only thing that can cause attraction.

User Detail :  

Name : Sara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 27, City : Scranton, State : PA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Deb
    Participant
    I think you are too close in age to these girls for this to be true pedophilia. When you are 23, they will be 20 and 21, and that's hardly any age difference at all. When you're 20, if you're still attracted primarily to 13 year olds, THEN maybe you should worry. (I don't, however, think girls of 13 and 14 are old enough for sex, because it is a big deal and a little more maturity really is needed in order to assure good mental and physical development.) There's no harm in being attracted to what *look* like small, underdeveloped breasts, but they need to be attached to a woman close to your age or older. So wait until you get a little older and see what 'develops' then, pun intended.

User Detail :  

Name : Deb, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Unitarian, Age : 45, City : Grand Junction, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Charity
    Participant
    At 16, isn't being attracted to somewhat younger girls pretty normal? If you said 10 or 12, I might worry, but from what I remember, guys usually dated younger girls in their teens.

User Detail :  

Name : Charity, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 35, City : Tempe, State : AZ Country : United States, 

Alex P.
    Participant
    Pedophilia is a sexual attraction to prepubescent children. Being attracted to 13 and 14 year-old girls, who by that age have often reached puberty and bear all the physical signs of being sexual mature, is NOT pedophilia. Neither is liking smaller breasts -- I prefer those myself.

User Detail :  

Name : Alex P., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 26, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : musician, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.