Cutting yourself

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

A-I23981
    Participant
    In middle school I used to cut myself as a way of asserting my will and pride. My mom was an absolute tyrant and the *one* thing I've never been able to stand is being dominated. So when she got especially overbearing, and I knew fighting her any further would only get me in deeper and probably end in violence, self-mutilation was the only way I could feel that I still owned myself despite her. After all--what you own is what you have the right to damage...

User Detail :  

Name : A-I23981, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 22, City : West Hartford, State : CT Country : United States, Occupation : programmer, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Lauren
    i used to cut all the time, with whatever i could get my hands on...razors, knives, scissors, twisted off toothbrush ends. When I didnt have anything to cut with I would scratch off all the skin on my arms or burn myself. Seeing the blood and feeling the pain makes me feel alive when inside i feel so dead. I've gotten better though...you'll get better with time.

User Detail :  

Name : Lauren, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : half white, half chinese, Age : 20, City : Tiburon, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Lilly
    I didn't cut all through high school, even though I was massivly depressed. I started in college. I felt overwhelmed by everything, roomates, no money , long hours and school. I did it because I was on the edge of suicide and didn't see a way out. But it got better, I graduated, got promoted, and met someone I loved. I just didn't want to do it anymore. When things got tough I actually tried, but I just couldn't do it. Honestly, I think I would be dead if I hadn't found that outlet. Sometimes even the people who love you the most don't want to hear that you are that depressed.

User Detail :  

Name : Lilly, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Las Vegas, State : NV Country : United States, Occupation : food server, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Stacie
    Participant
    I am a 'reformed' cutter. I started cutting my arms, legs and stomach when I was about 14. I didn't know exactly why I did it but I just knew that the physical pain felt much better than the sadness and hurt I felt in my heart. It was about killing myself it was about pain. I say 'reformed' because being a cutter is a disease just like alcoholism or drug addiction and there is always an underlying reason for it. Through therapy and flashbacks, I remembered I was molested as a child. If you are a cutter this will stay with you for the rest of your life but you need to find a professional to talk to in order to know what other things you can do to deal with it. I am now 32 and there are times when things getting really bad and I think of doing it agian but I don't because I know other ways to handle it. Please get some help- I know how you feel. Email me if you ever want to talk! Please!

User Detail :  

Name : Stacie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 32, City : Nowhere, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : student/mom, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.