Color of my period

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

J.
    I got my first period last month, and just got it again today. In the morning it was brownish, but now it's bright red. Is there something wrong with my flow? I thought it always would be red?

User Detail :  

Name : J., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Armenian/Irish/Dutch, Religion : Christian, Age : 12 goin on 13, City : Freehold, State : NJ Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Glenda
    To begin with, your periods will probably be quite irregular in terms of when they come, how long they last, and the color and heaviness of the flow. However, it is quite 'normal' for menstrual blood to be either a darkish brown or bright red or any color in between. You'll be able to figure out what is 'normal' for you once your periods start becoming regular. I admire your honesty in asking such a forthright question. Good luck!

User Detail :  

Name : Glenda, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 23, City : Melbourne, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : Nurse, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Marian
    Participant
    Don't worry about it. When i got mine the first time, it was a real shade of brown too. I also was very irregular...sometimes exactly every month, and sometimes every other month. There should be no need to worry for another year or 2..these things take time to even out. Don't be afraid to ask your school nurse if you have more questions, if you feel squeamish about talking to your mom.

User Detail :  

Name : Marian, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Age : 20, City : westchester, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    Honey I just believe you need to drink more water and the flow of your period will always be clean and brightish red like it is supposed to be. And also you should take a shower and see what will happen, don't drink soda on your first day and don't eat anything sour or any salty foods because that can cause your blood to smell weird if you know what I mean. Thats my advice for you.

User Detail :  

Name : Kelly Wight, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 17, City : Fond du Lac, State : WI Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.