College students who use wheelchairs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Katie K.
    I'm curious about the challenges that students who use wheelchairs encounter as part of their college experience. Is it challenging to get to know other students? Do you feel your social or academic life is different from other students?

User Detail :  

Name : Katie K., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 22, City : Bowling Green, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Graduate Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Amy31567
    Participant
    I used a wheelchair at my small college in Boston. My experience was probably different from those who were at a big school. I found it easy to get to know people. My social life was different, in that I came to school from a more sheltered life than some students. But I felt all of the activities going on at school were totally available to me. I think it would have been a lot harder for me to get to frats for parties, but I had no interest in ever going to a frat party. If you have any more questions (more specific questions), I hope you'll ask more!

User Detail :  

Name : Amy31567, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Disability : Spina Bifida, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 30, City : Arlington, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : Special ed aide, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.