Christian and gay

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

NatalieA
    Participant
    I have met a lot of people who say that they are both gay and christian. How is it possible to both simultaneously? Isn't the bible against homosexuality?

User Detail :  

Name : NatalieA, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 18, City : Sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : Student, 

Dot
    Participant
    Have you ever met Christians who eat shellfish or wear clothing made of blended fibers? It's odd that some people cleave to the single line in Leviticus that may or may not condemn homosexuality (depending on which translation you're reading), while happily ignoring so many of the other restrictions listed in the Bible. Gay Christians believe God made them as they are. Who are we, as heterosexuals, to deprive them the religious crutch they seem to need?

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
    I have read the bible many times, studied it actually. I don't believe there is a single passage within it that condemns homosexuality. That belief, like many Christian beliefs, was a human interpretation. People have always manipulated what the bible says to support their own ideas. Anti-homosexuality is just another instance of that. Itsuwari No Tengoku

User Detail :  

Name : ItsuwariNo Tengoku, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Religion : Atheist, Age : 16, City : Allyn, State : WA Country : United States, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    I believe Jesus preached love and tolerance and refraining from judging others. That aspect of Christianity seems to be ignored by anti-gay Christians. Judge for yourself. Just Curious

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    Just look at the way Jesus conducted himself. He stood up for the leper, the harlot, he told the story about the good Samaritan. You know if he showed up today he would be standing up for the gay. Sure the bible calls homosexuality a sin. But we are all sinners.

User Detail :  

Name : GuyGuyerson, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 45, City : boise, State : ID Country : United States, Occupation : self employed construction, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.