Child Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

SaraL
    Why do good people have to pay child support to selfish people who don't even use it toward the children?

User Detail :  

Name : SaraL, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 32, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : retail, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower class, 

SaraL
    Yes it is my husband and I understand it is because he has to pay it due to him being the father.... We have been to court many times trying to prove she does not use that money for the children...all he can say is that as long as they have food and a roof over their head, it is taken care of. She does not work and receives all kinds of help from the state. She is healthy as a horse and is perfectly capable of working but is too lazy. We have tried to get custody of his other 2 he is paying on and they feel the children belong with the mother. She drinks and parties every weekend and the kids are left to stay in the room while she has "friends" over...I am sorry, but she does not deserve the children or the money! We have tried everything to get the kids to live with us...but in Florida.

User Detail :  

Name : SaraL, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 32, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : retail, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower class, 

Ann L. Lowenstein
    Participant
    I'm gonna take a wild stab here: Your husband has to pay child support to his ex, right? He is the kids' father, and he's expected to provide for them, irrespective of how he feels about their mother or what she does with the money he pays. If he thinks she's not using the money toward the kids, he needs to let the court that set up the child support schedule know of his suspicions, because if she is blowing it on Prada shoes or whatever, and the kids are suffering as a result, she can be penalized.

User Detail :  

Name : Ann L. Lowenstein, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Animist, Age : 37, City : K.C., State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    Why are so many parents selfish and try to get out of paying child support, making the child suffer because they don't like the kids' other parent anymore? If the person being required to pay child support is the biological or adoptive father of a child, then they have a legal responsibility to pay for half the expenses of raising that child because they supplied half the genetic make-up of that child. My ex still technically owes me about $7000 in back child support. He'd get laid off at the end of every summer and would not try to get a job over the winter so he could keep up with his payments. He paid NOTHING of their extracirricular activities, NOTHING for their school clothes, etc. What I got a month barely covered their food, the gas for running them all over the place, and oth

User Detail :  

Name : ShellyStrauss Rollison, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : New Age/Metaphysical, Age : 49, City : New Alexandria, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Minister, writer, activist, CNA, draftsman, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

CherylM
    Firstly, because people who don't pay child support typically do not get visitation rights. If that's not good enough for you, then note this.. Children grow up and learn whether their parent loved them enough to pay, no matter the circumstances. Children aren't interested in a line-item receipt. They look at the big picture.

User Detail :  

Name : CherylM, City : Orange Park, State : FL Country : United States, 

stephentwiggs
    Participant
    If u guys were married and he was laid of u wouldnt gt any thing. To mechild support should only be used if thy other parent is not being their at all its timte to teach our daughters threir self worth so they dont lay down wt any bum. Look at wt u have before u open up ur legs

User Detail :  

Name : stephentwiggs, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Disability : Blind, Race : Alaska Native, Religion : African Methodist Episcopalian, City : st.louis, State : MO Country : United States, Social class : Lower class, 
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.