Checking Out the Competition?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

George-O
    Participant
    I don't understand why women size each other up in terms of their looks - whether it's about their physical attributes or dress style. Why do women do this?
    Original Code GE117. Click here to see responses from the original archives. Click "to respond" below to reply.

User Detail :  

Name : George-O, Gender : M, City : San Diego, State : CA Country : United States, 

Chelsea32303
    Participant
    I look at other girls when a guy I like is around so that I know what I am up against. If it's just me around and no one I am interested in, then I don't care at all. It's simply to see how much effort it is going to take me to get this guy, or if I have a chance at all!

User Detail :  

Name : Chelsea32303, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 16, City : Lakewood, State : CO Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, 

Gephry
    Participant
    I 'check out' other women simply to compare and contrast. What do we have in common? What seems like a good idea? Are 14 barrettes necessary? How we adorn ourselves gives a few clues to who we are. I'm just seeing who she is.

User Detail :  

Name : Gephry, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 27, City : Smokey Point, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : Momma, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Lisa
    There's a joke that says, 'When a man enters a bar, he checks out the women; when a woman enters a bar, she checks out the women,' and it's true. Despite all the leaps and bounds women have made in the last 50 years, a woman's appearance is still paramount to her social and romantic success (and to some degree, professional success). Hence, these sort of meat-market singles venues are conducive to a competitive atmosphere regarding appearance. Call it culture, social Darwinism or just bad habits; I think it's a waste of time and energy. But I still do it.

User Detail :  

Name : Lisa, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 24, City : los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Rachelle
    It seems that women have a natural low self-esteem and are naturally jealous toward other women. If women weren't so concerned about make-up, clothes and other women, they would find themselves much more relaxed and less quick at pointing out others faults. Sizing another woman up is the same as putting on all the make-up and 'chic' clothes, it makes the woman feel better about herself.

User Detail :  

Name : Rachelle, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 30, City : stryker, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : laborer, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.