Can boyfriend cause breast milk?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Michele
    Participant
    My new boyfriend loves to massage and suck on my breasts like a baby. While I like it, a friend tells me that if I let my boyfriend do this long enough that I will begin to lactate because my body will think I need to do so. Is this true, and should I tell him to stop?

User Detail :  

Name : Michele, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 20, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Aysha21321
    Participant
    No, he doesn't need to stop, you lucky girl. Hormones in a womans body trigger the lactation process. Once started, usually you will keep producing milk as long as it is being used. If you had just given birth and were breastfeeding, then your boyfriend could cause the milk to keep flowing after you had stopped breastfeeding. But there isn't any spontaniouse lactation response to the nipple being suckled.

User Detail :  

Name : Aysha21321, Gender : F, Age : 27, City : I.F., State : ID Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Erica
    Participant
    Absolutely not, the production of breast milk is caused by a neurotransmitter called prolactin that is produced shortly after a baby is born. Its release causes the breasts to produce milk and when the milk drops, then you begin to lactate. The sucking of the infant at the breast stimulates production of a similar neurotransmitter called oxytocin that is released to help the mother's uterus contract and shrink down to normal size. Mothers who choose not to breastfeed must have their uterus massaged in order to stimulate contractions. This is done generally by nurses manually. Trust me, your boyfriend could no sooner turn your breasts into udders than a reptile will hatch with a belly button.

User Detail :  

Name : Erica, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Alexandria, State : LA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Audrey
    Participant
    Hi Michele, Your friend is definitely misinformed. Women do not begin to produce milk until they are actually pregnant... From Wikipedia: 'Under the influence of the hormones prolactin and oxytocin, women produce milk after pregnancy to feed their baby.' These hormones are not present in your body (except occasionally in very small amounts) unless you're pregnant, so no matter how much someone sucks on your breasts, no milk will be produced. There's no need to make your boyfriend stop doing what he likes with your breasts, as long as you approve and it does not hurt you. Hope this helps!

User Detail :  

Name : Audrey, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 27, City : Chattanooga, State : TN Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Sarah29106
    Participant
    NO NO NO! There's a hormone your body produces while your pregnant that brings the milk in. The human body makes the milk to nourish the baby that grew inside you. You would have to have a baby to open the milk ducts in your breasts. Im currently nursing and haev a one month old and my husband did the same thing while I was pregnant and only tasted milk after I had the baby!

User Detail :  

Name : Sarah29106, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 20, City : Flint, State : MI Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Laura26578
    Participant
    Women lactate after they have a baby because of hormonal changes to their bodies. However, it is possible for a woman to begin to lactate even without the birth of the baby, if she is subjected to prolonged and REGULAR suckling, like a baby would do. (Most women wouldn't even begin to lactate then, but it is possible). Your boyfriend sucking on your nipples during sex should not cause you to begin to lactate, unless he is doing this once every few hours, every day, for weeks! Enjoy...

User Detail :  

Name : Laura26578, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 46, City : Van Nuys, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : College instructor, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Jennifer26834
    Participant
    Lactation is caused by internal changes in the body due to pregnancy. It isn't caused by stimulation to the breasts.

User Detail :  

Name : Jennifer26834, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 30, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Kimberly
    no, only the hormones your body makes during pregnancy will cause breast to make milk. if you are indeed 'leaking' anything, go to a docotr and get it checked, if you are not pregnant. although, if youa re pregnant and in your second and third trimesters, stimulation will cause colostrum to make, which looks like butter. it is the beginnings of breast milk and is full of nutrients babies need.

User Detail :  

Name : Kimberly, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 29, City : Knoxville, State : TN Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Reesa L.
    That is so not true!!! The only way that your boyfriend can 'produce' breast milk is if you are pregnant. Even then you have to be a certain amount of time into your pregnancy for those particular genetics to kick in. If you are wondering because this is not an activity you enjoy, then you need to tell him. If you do enjoy his massaging and sucking, then let him have at it and enjoy the fact that he obviously loves your breasts.

User Detail :  

Name : Reesa L., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 37, City : Ellensburg, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : waitress/student, 

Rose
    No way. Lactation is caused by an increase in testosterone levels for a long period (months), and then a sharp drop, which is exactly what happens during pregnancy. Even if he did somehow cause you to lactate, it shouldn't cause any bodily problems.

User Detail :  

Name : Rose, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 17, City : Orlando, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Ryan22313
    Participant
    I'm a new Dad, and from what I understand, your friend is right. Lactation is caused by the sucking of the infant, and is helped along by the hormones in the process of pregnancy. I think he would probably have to do it a lot, though.

User Detail :  

Name : Ryan22313, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Buddhist, Age : 29, City : Santa Barbara, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Annie
    Participant
    For you: http://www.e-breasts.net/

User Detail :  

Name : Annie, City : St. Louis, State : MO Country : United States, 

Amanda27474
    Participant
    It's not true. Your body needs to go through the hormonal changes that come with giving birth to develop breast milk. Basically, your body cannot be fooled by your boyfriend's performance, no matter how much he sucks like a baby.

User Detail :  

Name : Amanda27474, Gender : F, Age : 26, City : White Marsh, State : MD Country : United States, Occupation : housewife, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Ann
    Participant
    Probably not, unless you're also producing pregnancy hormones. It's a specific set of hormones released in a specific order during the course of pregnancy which causes the milk glands to activate. Mechanical stimulation might eventually cause mastitis, but I have never heard of a real case of a non-pregnant woman spontaneously lactating from it.

User Detail :  

Name : Ann, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Animist, Age : 39, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Executive Assistant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Anne
    Participant
    After a mother gives birth, her body automatically produces milk and will continue to do so as long as the baby nurses. You will not lactate until after pregnancy, but a boyfriend could taste that milk if he sucks after a baby was born.

User Detail :  

Name : Anne, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : Iowa City, State : IA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.