Can I call you black?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ChristineJ
    Is it offensive for a white person to describe a person of african american descent as "black"? Just as a description. If it is offensive, but is pertinent to the description is there another term that is preferable?

User Detail :  

Name : ChristineJ, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Christian, Age : 32, City : Goodrich, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Fitness instructor, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

AmberW
    Participant
    Just as Caucasians are unique and different individuals that happen to be the same race, so are Black people. Some prefer Black and others African-American. Most that I know could give a flip either way. I prefer Black personally. It is not offensive to me at all...I am proud to be a Black American. As long as whites are not trying to be nasty or anything...Black is A-OK with me!

User Detail :  

Name : AmberW, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 23, City : Greenville, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

jacobhamil
    Nah. Just as long as you don't put an "S" on the end of it. You know like blacks are such and such, or the blacks are this and that. It's pretty annoying when people do that.

User Detail :  

Name : jacobhamil, City : atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.