Bragging white folks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ED25474
    Participant
    Why do white folks brag so much?

User Detail :  

Name : ED25474, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 46, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, 

D-Poet31799
    Participant
    My friend, First off i would like to say that i do not think of any group of people being a different race. I know for a fact that there is only one race, HUMAN. Black White Red Brown, they are all ordinary colors to me. So after saying that, your question... Your question is not a valid, truthful statement. When a team wins a championship, doesnt a person from that tem brag about how they held down their opponent from scoring or how great their run, move, score was? That doesnt pertain to any color. How can one's skin color affect their personality. The way your skin takes in sunlight determines how you act in society. People take skin color so far reaching that its lost all sense. being 'White' nowadays doesnt mean having 'white' skin, it means to act White...how do you act White? i am going to answer you as if you got this information from observing White people... The people you have seen bragging and carrying on are not doing this because of their skin color, it is because they are arrogant. keeping in mind though that there is a fine line between bragging and feeling good about yourself, this does not fall within boundaries of skin color. If your question were true that would mean no other person from any 'race' brags. which you know not to be true because Muhammad Ali, the greatest athlete in my opinion, is known for saying he is the greatest. There are so many levels that your question touches upon and that we can go into...but you need to know one thing. It has nothing to do with race. Please live your life knowing that there is only personalities that define us and not something seen as a skin color. Death acknowledges no skin color...yet because of our acknowledgin race as a difference, we send others to death. Think about this one. Thank you for asking your question and letting me answer, i believe that once you apply this to all areas of your life you will the world as for what it really is and how it should be. Thank You.

User Detail :  

Name : D-Poet31799, Gender : M, Age : 16, City : Anywhere, State : NA Country : Everywhere, Occupation : Student, 

Abby
    Participant
    Bragging is usually to make up for the person feeling inadequate and wanting to prove to others, and themselves, that they are somehow better than those they are talking to. My roommate was really bad about bragging about her accomplishments and stuff, but only when she was feeling insecure.

User Detail :  

Name : Abby, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Methodist, Age : 26, City : Memphis, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : homemaker, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Letty
    We don't all brag. I don't like myself very much at all, and I have nothing to show off about.

User Detail :  

Name : Letty, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 16, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Ashlee
    Participant
    Can't answer your question unless you tell us what you mean. What is it that you think so many white folks (because you surely don't know all of us!) brag about? By the way, didn't that black basketball player who has HIV brag about how many women he had shagged?

User Detail :  

Name : Ashlee, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Western European American, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 33, City : Lakeland, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Larry
    E.D. I think everyone braggs too much. But to kind of answer your question, bragging is a sign of insecurity. Maybe the people you hear bragging are not secure with who they are so they have to build themselves up because no one else will. But is it white folks in general? I doubt it. I believe I am correct when I say I have heard some blacks do a little bragging too. One of my all time favorite people is also one of the biggest braggers I know. The name Muhammed Ali ring any bells? :) Of course he wrecks the idea of braggers being insecure with themselves doesn't he? ;)

User Detail :  

Name : Larry, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 55, City : Amarillo, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dawson
    Participant
    Cause they are Stupid and Dont know how to shut up

User Detail :  

Name : Dawson, City : atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, 

James
    Participant
    Listen to any song by any contemporary black musician. Every song is centered on the artist attempting to make himself or herself look rich, cool, strong, etc. Black people brag just as much if not more than whites.

User Detail :  

Name : James, City : jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, 
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.