Blacks wearing slippers to the grocery store

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Julie
    Participant
    Why is it that I constantly see black people shopping in stores with their slippers and practically pajamas on? They aren't called house shoes, they are slippers and meant to be worn in your home, not out on the pavement, that's why they don't have hard, rubber, supportive soles on them.

User Detail :  

Name : Julie, Gender : F, Age : 27, City : Akron, State : OH Country : United States, 

christelle28794
    Participant
    I see white people coming to class in pajamas, go to the store with slippers. Maybe you are just blind and you only seem to notice blacks when there are a lot of whites doing it. So maybe you need to pay more attention to whites than to blacks.

User Detail :  

Name : christelle28794, Gender : F, City : buffalo, State : NY Country : United States, 

Grant28797
    Participant
    This surprises me, because I work in a grocery store and see white people do this all the time, in fact I see white women do it more than black people.

User Detail :  

Name : Grant28797, Gender : M, City : Sierra Vista, State : AZ Country : United States, 

Jimia-Williams
    Participant
    Black people want to be comfortable and whites also do it, and why do whites go into public with no shoes on?

User Detail :  

Name : Jimia-Williams, City : Grand Blanc, State : MI Country : United States, 

MaureenK
    Participant
    I am white and I have been known to wear not only slippers but my jammies to the grocery store. It's not just a "black thing".

User Detail :  

Name : MaureenK, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Pittsburgh, State : PA Country : United States, Social class : Lower middle class, 

MaryC.
    Participant
    I've wondered the same thing. I've seen white college kids wander around in pjs on campuses, sure, but it seems like the majority of people who shop in pjs and slippers are black.

User Detail :  

Name : MaryC., Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

JohnnyM
    Participant
    Every time I've seen someone wearing pjs in public, it was always a white female (usually teen/tweenish). As far as slippers, that seems to be popular among white males.

User Detail :  

Name : JohnnyM, City : Greater New York, State : NJ Country : United States, 

ClaraD
    Participant
    This isn't the store, but I remember my white aunt telling me when she was in college, at a mostly white school, in the 1960s, all the girls put their raincoats on over their pajamas to go to 8am classes and wore rainboots. This was a womens' college though, and she said if there had been guys in the classes, they wouldn't have done it.

User Detail :  

Name : ClaraD, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : -, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 46, City : Columbus, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : accountant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.