Blacks talking to phone mouthpiece

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Erica
    Participant
    Why is it when mostly younger black people talk on the phone, they pull it away from their ear and talk directly into the mouthpiece, as if talking on a walkie-talkie, then put the phone back to their ear and repeat the process until the conversation is finished? This has puzzled me since I saw a coworker do it on a store phone and then began to notice a lot of other people doing it.

User Detail :  

Name : Erica, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Alexandria, State : LA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Jade
    Participant
    I see countless people - black, white, whatever - talking into the mouthpiece. I don't think this is a race-specific thing.

User Detail :  

Name : Jade, Gender : F, Age : 18, City : Sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, 

Sara
    Participant
    I have done that very thing when in a 'heated' conversation - namely arguing. When someone is talking at the same time I am, I have a hard time keeping my thoughts straight. I've noticed that black people can be very animated during conversations and it's possible they are just trying to talk at the same time.

User Detail :  

Name : Sara, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 37, City : Nashville, State : TN Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

JAMARA
    I think the answer to this one lies in the fact that phones are getting smaller and smaller. I have had three cell phones and with my last one, the smallest one, I constantly put the mouthpiece in front of my mouth and then move it because I can't hear when it's on my mouty

User Detail :  

Name : JAMARA, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 32, City : hampton, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : exec asst, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.