Black women’s names

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

David Rogers
    Participant
    They all originate from Kwanzaa

User Detail :  

Name : David Rogers, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Nigerian, I don't consider myself black, Religion : Pentecostal, Age : 19, City : Upland, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Christina32064
    Participant
    I live in Long Beach, CA, which if you've heard any rap music you know has a sizeable black population, and I have no clue myself. Maybe it came from the seperatist movement, blacks wanting to differentiate themselves from whites, and doing so with names as well. And no, the names arent unusual considering the large numbers of people with them, but they are also not names i've heard of in any other country, including african ones.

User Detail :  

Name : Christina32064, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 22, City : Long Beach, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Exton
    Participant
    Take a look at a book called 'Freakonomics.' It's more intellectual than the title would have you think, and it has an excellent segment devoted to the origins of eccentric naming. What the author found is that the types of names a particular set of parents might choose is typically a reflection of their socioeconomic background.

User Detail :  

Name : Exton, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : nontheist, Age : 18, City : Medway, State : MA Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.