Black women hate my interracial dating

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Zipeezy
    I am 30-year-old Asian Indian of medium brown complexion. I date white women (European and American). The problem is that black women don't seem to like it. Everywhere we are I get rude treatment from black women. Theaters, malls clerks, fastfood joints, even on campus from secretaries, administrators, etc. Even at parties when I hit it off with white women, the black ladies scowl at me. The other women just don't care. What's with it?

User Detail :  

Name : Zipeezy, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 30, City : Richmond, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Senetra
    Participant
    Some black women have a problem with black men dating outside of their race. Because you are dark-complected, they are assuming you are a black man, and that is why they are treating you as they do. I don't apologize for them; I'm just letting you know why they treat you as they do. Ignore them, or better yet, ask them what their problem is. When confronted, they may think twice about it next time.

User Detail :  

Name : Senetra, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 26, City : Anderson, State : IN Country : United States, Occupation : Looking for work, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Maya21867
    Participant
    That's weird. You say you are Asian Indian and that you are getting reactions from black women. Part of it may be that they think you are black on first glance. The other part stems from the fact that in this country white women are so glorified above all other women. Whether they are physically attractive or not doesn't matter; the perception of them being 'it' is deeply embedded into the psyches of American men, be they black, white, red, green or Asian Indian. Because of this, many guys go out of their way to choose white women as partners, yet will deny it by stating they 'just happened' to fall for someone who 'happened' to be white. While there are those who are truly in love with the person they are with, the majority of the time this is not the case, though no one will ever admit it. In your post you stated that you dated white women. My interpretation may be wrong, but it sounds as though you are saying that you date white women exclusively. If so, why? Indian women are absolutely gorgeous. If you look back into your own dating history, have the majority of the women you have dated been white? If so, yu need to ask yourself why. I see nothing wrong with dating outside of one's thnicity. If the person treats you right, go for it - true love is so hard to find. But I do have a problem with people who purposely choose to date people of other races. Those who do that have some inner self-hatred issues going on.

User Detail :  

Name : Maya21867, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 33, City : Toronto, Ontario, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Tracy24866
    Participant
    You may appear black to them, although you are Indian. A lot of black women are offended by black men dating non-black women. Black women are deemed by society to be inferior, and a lot of black women believe that when a black man chooses a non-black women, he has bought into that belief. Couple that with the fact that in the black community, black men generally treat black women badly, and you have a situation of black women being doubly offended by seeing you with a white woman. However, please don't mistake their attitude with racism or jealousy, because it is not. It is more that they feel put down by a man who they presume is supposed to be there for a black woman.

User Detail :  

Name : Tracy24866, Gender : F, Race : Caribbean-American black, Age : 20, City : Bronx, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Kat26807
    Participant
    Maya - I don't think that preferentially dating one race is to do with self hatred. I have several friends in mixed race marriages. One of them has always been attracted to chinese women and he says this is because at his school there were three chinese girls who played volley ball and they were really cool. It's just an association thing. I find black men really attractive (though my partner isn't) and I think that it is because I was brought up with photos of black musicians all around me. OK so it is really annoying when people are completely taken in by the media's idea of beauty - but that's more because people are brain washed by images of skinny white women than because they are full of self hate.

User Detail :  

Name : Kat26807, Age : 26, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, 

Dawn
    Participant
    Speaking as an african american woman, I think the reason is that white women are so unnessesarily glorified in this country, that it really gets on our nerves. We know that we are beautiful so that's not the problem. The problem is when are men start falling for it. every time you turn on the TV, it's constantly showing beautiful white women. All through out their lives they see her example. So even when its not black men we still wonder why you can just glorify your on women, the way white men have for centuries. I think its about time.

User Detail :  

Name : Dawn, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 22, City : Greenville, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : sales, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jay
    Participant
    Interesting issue. I'm Asian Indian too, but the looks I get are usually from other Indians. I'm light-complexioned, so a lot of people don't think I'm Indian. My last girlfriend was African-American, but I've also dated white and Asian (non-Indian) women. I've asked out Indian women, but none have taken me up on the offer, and then when I go out with a woman of another ethnicity, I get stared at.

User Detail :  

Name : Jay, Gender : M, Race : Asian Indian, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.