Black women: RSVP, please

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

annonymous
    Participant
    To black women: I love to entertain. I love having friends over for the holidays and informal gatherings. On several occassions, I have held get-togethers for women only. I'd like to think I'm the hostess' hostess. I plan for weeks, cook great dishes, and usually there's some kind of theme, etc. My dilemma: consistently, my black girlfriends are notorious for not giving an RSVP. Why is this? It is a bit frustrating trying to plan menus, table settings, etc. without some idea of the head count. My non-black friends are far more considerate, responding nay or yea in timely manner. They routinely also thank me for the invitation and request that I keep them in mind for the next affair I have. To those of you who do not respond, have you ever considered that not responding is inconsiderate?

User Detail :  

Name : annonymous, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 34, City : Detroit, State : MI Country : United States, 

johnny-holmes
    Participant
    I THINK I HAVE THE ANSWER! BLACK PEOPLE ARE ANIMALS ,SO TREAT THEM LIKE ANIMALS.DONT SET A PLACE AT THE TABLE, PUT OUT 10 DOG DISHES AND FILL THEM WITH HOGMAS,CHITLENS AND PIGS FEET AND DINNER IS SERVED!

User Detail :  

Name : johnny-holmes, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 25, City : detroit, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : AUTO WORKER, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

M22272
    Participant
    I have two suggestions: 1. Rather than use the French RSVP, use 'please reply'. 2. Offer a convenient means for the response, like a self addressed, stamped postcard with a place to note yes or no and a place to write the name of the respondent. Hope this helps you to get a better "head count" for your next affair.

User Detail :  

Name : M22272, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, 

Dan27374
    Participant
    Regarding anyone who doesn't RSVP to an invitation: Turn them away at the door (if they've shown up). Except for the wedding SASE, Don't go the extra mile for dinner invites. I think people kowtow to the inconsiderate nature of many humans. I say, 'No timely RSVP, please stay home.' Stick to your guns, no matter how tough it may be. In the long run, the RSVPs will be forthcoming - people will get your message.

User Detail :  

Name : Dan27374, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 45, City : Ventura, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Bravo
    Participant
    It isn't only inconsiderate but downright rude. Perhaps you're not inviting the right ladies to your parties.

User Detail :  

Name : Bravo, City : Baton Rouge, State : LA Country : United States, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.