Black men and redheads

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Oliver
    Participant
    Why is it that there are, in my area, an above-average number of red-headed Causasian women involved in relationships with black men?

User Detail :  

Name : Oliver, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 39, City : Savannah, State : GA Country : United States, 

Jennifer-C
    Participant
    I don't know the answer, but thought as a redhead I should speak up. I've never seriously dated a black man. Although I would consider it, I've never met the right one. Also, I've always assumed that most black men weren't attracted to me.

User Detail :  

Name : Jennifer-C, Gender : F, Disability : redhead, City : Arlington, State : VA Country : United States, 

JBS31130
    Participant
    I'm a redhead who is married to a white man. Years ago, when I was single, I had several boyfriends who were black men. There seemed to be a strong highly mutual physical attraction. The only plausable theory I can come with is that both parties find the physical differences quite attractive.

User Detail :  

Name : JBS31130, City : Corvallis, State : OR Country : United States, 

Betty-M
    Participant
    I am also a redhead and have never considered dating or being involved with a black man probably because of the generation (baby boomer) that I am from. My observatin is that I see more black men with blondes than with redheads. As far as I'm concerned they can be with whoever they like as long as they don't treat them badly.

User Detail :  

Name : Betty-M, City : Portland, State : OR Country : United States, 

Lynne G.
    Participant
    Perhaps its because many black men feel shame at being seen in public with a blond. Perhaps they sense the humiliation of black women when we notice them shopping together, while we are dragging assorted bastard black children who's fathers are somewhere else pursuing that same red-head dream.

User Detail :  

Name : Lynne G., City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, 

Laura
    Oliver,As a red-headed Causasian female. I have never dated a black man nor do I ever intend to. In the area in which I live you rarely see a black man with a red-head female. You usaually see them with a blonde or brunette. In my opinion I do not think that it is the hair color as long as the women is white.

User Detail :  

Name : Laura, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 24, City : Cincinnati, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Registered Nurse, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Laura26046
    Participant
    As a red-headed white female, I would have to say I have never dated a black man, nor do I ever intend to. In the area where I live, if you see a black man and white woman, she is not normally a redhead but a blonde or brunette. I do not think it is the hair color, as long as the woman he is with is a white female.

User Detail :  

Name : Laura26046, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 24, City : Cincinnati, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Nurse, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Jay
    Participant
    The same is true in my area. I've seen it everywhere else, too. It seems obvious that black men prefer white women because black women are inherently unattractive in our culture, and moreover, they are symbols of poverty. If they can, black men will choose a white woman. I don't blame them.

User Detail :  

Name : Jay, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 27, City : Upstate, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 4 Years of College, 
    In U.S. society, white women are seen as the epitome of beauty. But by and large I see that changing in the world around me. Consider supermodel Tyra Banks. She is drop-dead beautiful and rich (not to mention Beverly, Namoni, Alex and so on). White men line up at her door just to look at her and in hopes of getting a date. Black women are not seen as unattractive or poor. To tell you the truth, I get more white men asking me out than blacks. I'm not poor by any means; as a matter of fact, it's my white friends who are broke.

User Detail :  

Name : Deliciously-Down25819, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Catholic, Age : 25, City : Sacramento, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Sharon
    Participant
    I am a redhead, dated men of many races. But this question I was hoping someone would answer. I agree -- I find that black men seem to be attracted to redheads. My black friends have told me that they have an 'affinity' for redheads, but nobody can seem to tell me why...

User Detail :  

Name : Sharon, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 30, City : Vail, State : CO Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

JanetC
    Participant
    You are absolutely correct! I have long wavy red hair the color of a new penny. I never ever get hit on by white men but with black and hispanic men it is a daily occurrence. I have always been involved with black men and have biracial children. However, I do not suffer from Homegirl Syndrome (when you can just tell) and work in a powerful position in the legal profession. Having lived all over the US from Seattle, Montana and Boston to NC and now Savannah it is just a national phenom. :)

User Detail :  

Name : JanetC, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : None, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Mennonite, City : Savannah, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Legal Profession, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.