Black males and Asian females

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    When I walk the streets of New York, I see many white male/Asian female couples every day, but when it comes to black male/Asian female couples, many months pass before even one such couple appear. Why is this?

User Detail :  

Name : George F. C., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : black,white,spanish, Religion : nonconformist, Age : 30, City : new york, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : worker, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Cynthia31727
    Participant
    There are very few black male/Asian female couples because Asians, for the most part, were raised predominantly in the suburbs or in Asian 'ghettos' like Chinatown or Little Saigon. Their only exposure to blacks is through the negative images portrayed by the media, and therefore they have been warned since childhood not to go out with blacks. Skin color is also an important issue here. Dark skin symbolizes that one is a worker and not of the upper, more refined classes. Asians tend to be very discriminative of people who are dark. For instance, offspring of Asian women and African-American servicemen (whether during wartime or not) receive worse treatment than those who are Eurasian (white/Asian).

User Detail :  

Name : Cynthia31727, Gender : F, Age : 21, City : Kingston, State : NA Country : Canada, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Anonimia
    Participant
    I have met and run across so many people who are half black and half Asian (usually military brats), whose father is black and mother is Asian. Just step outside of your usual vicinity and you will see plenty of black male/asian female couples, i.e. go to a local college/university, military base, hip-hop club...

User Detail :  

Name : Anonimia, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Arican-African American/Hispanic, Religion : Independent Christian, Age : 23, City : Apex, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

David25896
    Participant
    As a student of two Asian languages who has talked with countless Asians and Asian Americans on issues of race, I feel pretty qualified to answer this question. Many Asian peoples are very status-conscious. They are also very racist. The attitude I've seen Asians take toward whites is not one of revulsion - it's more of a quiet, assumed agreement that Asians are just better. However, there is the conflicting feeling among some Asians that marrying a white will increase social status. Therefore, when an Asian woman shacks up with a white man, her parents can perhaps soothe their anger at the dilution of their people's homogeneity by telling themselves their daughter is 'moving up in society.' The hatred Asians feel toward blacks, on the other hand, has a definite element of fear and revulsion to it, and with blacks being traditionally seen as 'the lowest of the low' in the American pecking order, there is little solace to be taken in the possibility of social mobility. Hence this particular mix is harder to find, and kept more on the down-low when it does occur. I have heard that in New York City there are a significant number of Japanese women who actively seek black men as partners, and that there is even a neighborhood near Harlem composed largely of such couples. But I heard that from an inner-city New Yorker, and have seen no proof of it either in print or on the streets.

User Detail :  

Name : David25896, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 22, City : Elmira, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Steve
    Participant
    I've thought about this myself. I'm engaged to an Asian female. The only reason we met, dated and fell in love was that we're in the same graduate program and career profession. I find that there is a lot of animosity between Asians and blacks because of cultural misunderstanding and ignorance. I also think it has to do with the perception that all whites are rich, smart and powerful, and blacks are lazy, poor and violent. We have a long way to go in this country before you'll start seeing interracial relationships of this nature.

User Detail :  

Name : Steve, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : African Methodist Episcopalian, Age : 28, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : teacher, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Stacey L.
    Participant
    I don't know about this as a generality - all I know is that at my high school (in Cranston, RI), relationships between black males and Asian females were very common, much more so than those between while males and Asian females.

User Detail :  

Name : Stacey L., Gender : F, Age : 20, City : Durham, State : NH Country : United States, Occupation : student, 

Jerry30748
    Participant
    There is one thing that has not been touched upon, and that is crime. Obviously most blacks do not commit crimes, they go about their business like everyone else. However, a disproportionate number of criminals are young black males. Ask a Korean grocer, Indian (or even Caribbean) cab driver, Chinese restauranteur if they have been the victim of a crime recently, and then ask them if the perpatrator was black or white. Back in 1995, there was a huge case on the American military base in Okinawa, where 3 black marines raped a Japanese teenager. Just a few months ago in NY, a young Chinese girl, with the aid of her black boyfriend, murdered her parents, and dumped their bodies in the river when they objected to the relationship. Again, this is not to say that a black/Asian marriage can't work out. Tiger Woods' parents are a wonderful couple. Here in Chicago, I know of a middle-aged couple where the husband is black and wife is Indian - and they get along fine.

User Detail :  

Name : Jerry30748, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.