Bath house history

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    I am a 36 yaer old gay male. I have returned to college and am currently writing a sociology paper. The paper centers on cultural norms, values, rituals ect.. I have chosen the gay culture and am looking to frame the gay bath house as a cultural part of our communities. My Q is where can I find info on the history of baths for gay men. I have found some info on specific bath like in NY,but what I require is an over view that shows me how we came to be able to continue with gay baths today. Did gay baths come out of straight baths that were taken over by gay men? Did gay men at some point fight for this as a right of expression? How is it that the gay community seems to be the only group in north america that still maintains community baths(we know why)and seem to be some how legally protected. I am amazed,I have looked and looked and can not find anything about this topic. Any suggestions would be helpul web sites books or even you own comments or experiences and knowledge on this topic. Thank you

User Detail :  

Name : Robert Beveridge, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 36, City : Toronto, State : FL Country : Canada, Occupation : nurse, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.