Ask Mr Rogers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Kristi-G
    Participant
    If you lived in a neighborhood or town where everyone was of the same race as yourself, and then it became racially, culturally and ethnically mixed in a relatively short period of time (less than 10 years), would you feel threatened or angry?
    Original Code GD28. Click here to see responses from the original archives.

User Detail :  

Name : Kristi-G, Gender : F, City : Elk Grove, State : CA Country : United States, 

Christine
    It wouldn't bother me, not if they were as respectful as any other neighbor. I'd be happy there was finally a mix of people around. I just got out of college recently, and in college towns your neighbors can change pretty fast. My roommate and I were surrounded by other white people most of the time, until a carload of black guys moved into the house across the street. It didn't bother me at all. They were just like me, a bunch of college kids, a group of guys starting out on their own for the first time. Their skin was just darker. I wasn't bothered, either, when some Native Americans moved in nearby; I wish I could say the same for my former roommate, though.

User Detail :  

Name : Christine, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 22, City : Hibbing, State : MN Country : United States, Occupation : Reservations Sales Agent, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.