Asian eyes

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mo
    Participant
    Why do Asians have different eyes from other races? Do people think their eyes are attractive? I do.

User Detail :  

Name : Mo, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Muslim, Age : 32, City : Alexandria, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : bank employee, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Steve27843
    Participant
    I have heard it said that Asian eyes developed in people who lived in desert climates and that tighter upper eyelids protected against sun and dust and thus were evolutionarily favored. Most of Eastern Asia was settled by people moving out of the Mongolia area. I have also heard that the most popular plastic surgery in parts of Asia is an operation to make the eyes look larger and more Western. Pity!

User Detail :  

Name : Steve27843, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 45, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Still On Top Floor of a Skyscraper, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Aaron25004
    Participant
    Actually, they don't have eyes that are all that special. See enough Asians and you find plenty who don't have the epicanthic folds. At the same time, non-Asians also have 'Asian' eyes. Take a look at Nelson Mandela or Mike Tyson, to name some famous folks. Neither of them has Asian ancestry. And yes I find them attractive but I find most any eye can be attractive. Except the big bulging ones that stick out the skull like hard boiled eggs. I don't like those.

User Detail :  

Name : Aaron25004, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : independent, City : Santa Beezee!, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

I-Cade21348
    Participant
    If I remember correctly, the epicanthus is not limited to Asians. Not all Asians have them (I lived in Japan for a year), and I think the Xhosa of South Africa also have them.

User Detail :  

Name : I-Cade21348, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Catholic, Age : 22, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : graduate, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Brando
    Participant
    I seriously don't know what ytou are talking about, because I'm 100% German and I have different eyes.

User Detail :  

Name : Brando, City : Athens, State : NA Country : Greece, 

Annie
    Participant
    Asians are not the only group of human beings with epicanthic folds. Native Americans have epicanthic folds too but they originally migrated to the Americas from Asia. Many African Americans have Native American ancestry so that's probably where Mike Tyson got his eyes. In Southern Africa, there's a group of people called Khoisan who have epicanthic eyefolds just like Asians. Mandela is !Xhosa and they are a mixture of Khoisans and Bantu: many !Xhosa have 'Asian' eyes because of their Khoisan ancestry.

User Detail :  

Name : Annie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 22, City : A, State : NA Country : Spain, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Esther
    Participant
    Asains don't have the double fold, but that doesn't made Asian men any less attractive, at least not to me. The difference in their eyes is one of the things that makes this culture so beatiful, which is why it upsets me when i hear about Asians getting cosmetic surgery to make their eyes similiar to those who are white

User Detail :  

Name : Esther, Gender : F, Religion : Christian, Age : 14, City : Hyattsville, State : MD Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.