Are we the enemy?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Matt-S
    Participant
    To Muslims: Do you generally view Christians as enemies?

User Detail :  

Name : Matt-S, Gender : M, Religion : Christian, City : San Diego, State : CA Country : United States, 

Saraji28165
    Participant
    I don't think Muslims generally view Christians as enemies. In America, roughly 50 percent of Muslims are native born, red-blooded Americans, not immigrants or their children. So many of us have Christians in our families, including mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers. Also, in countries like Syria and Lebanon, there is a high Christian population, and it's no big deal.

I'm sure some Muslims view Christians as "enemies," just as there are some Christians who view Muslims as "the enemy." It all depends on what you know and what your experiences are.

User Detail :  

Name : Saraji28165, Religion : Muslim, City : Newark, State : NJ Country : United States, 

Karim
    NO!! Muslims respect Christianity a lot, the Koran has a verse that clearly states that Christians are the closest people to muslims. Also a muslim man can marry a Christian woman but not for example a buddhist woman (unless the latter converts to Islam, Judaism, or Christianity). In my country nearly 15% of the population belongs to the Coptic church, nearly 20% of my friends also belong to the Coptic church and I am an observant muslim!!

User Detail :  

Name : Karim, Gender : M, Age : 23, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

noha
    Participant
    in the koran theres a verse that i'll try to translate now: you will find out that the most people who are friendly to muslims are the christians because between them you'll find priests and men of religion and because they are modest. of course this is my own very unproffesional translation but it serves the purpose to show that muslims don't hate christians at all , but anyone can hate a certain person who has harmed him in any way regardless wether he is a christian or not

User Detail :  

Name : noha, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Muslim, Age : 16, City : cairo, State : NA Country : Egypt, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

shukri
    Participant
    no, most of my friends are christian some jewish the media has potrayed muslims as terrorist just because their are extremest in the religion of islam, but thats just a small percentage. every religion has extremest. for example the kkk they use the bible as an excuse for their actions, but does it say anywhere to miss-treate blacks,no. muslim extremest use the quran to excuse their actions, but these actions are not justified, it against our religon what these people do, they shouldn't even be considered muslims. it's not my position to judge so it's up to god.

User Detail :  

Name : shukri, Gender : F, Age : 15, City : columbus, State : OH Country : United States, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.