Approaching a straight male

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

James-S
    Participant
    What would be the most inoffensive way for a gay male to approach or solicit a straight male in the hope of prospective sex?

User Detail :  

Name : James-S, Gender : M, City : Vero Beach, State : FL Country : United States, 

Andrew
    Participant
    Why would a gay man want to have sex with a straight man? Wouldn't there be less aggravation involved for everyone in approaching another gay man for sex? As a straight man, there's no way for a gay man to approach me for sex if he's serious about getting it. Sorry.

User Detail :  

Name : Andrew, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 35, City : Huntington, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Reporter, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Daniel27212
    Participant
    I assume when you say "straight guys" you mean repressed bisexuals. So if a gay man meets a likely prospect, he should work the conversation around to: "Hey, do you know where I can meet a guy to go out with around here?" If the straight guy is curious or closeted, it's the gay man's lucky day. But if the straight man is not interested, the gay man probably would not have offended him.

User Detail :  

Name : Daniel27212, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 35, City : Ann Arbor, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Law Student, 

Lucy22389
    Participant
    Why would a gay man want to approach a straight man about having sex? By definition straight men are attracted to women, not men. It seems that a gay man propositioning straight men for sex would be, at the very least, an exercise in futility. By doing so he would risk offending the man, creating a very uncomfortable situation and opening himself up to ridicule, scorn, and possibly physical danger.

User Detail :  

Name : Lucy22389, Gender : F, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 25, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Chris D.
    As we are all trying to interpret the meaning of your question, I'm going to take it from another possible meaning. How would you approach someone if you're not sure of their sexual orientation? The most important part of which is that you don't want to offend a straight male with anger management problems. Why don't you try the way most of us cowardly males try with women... strike up a conversation, feel out the scenario, and when you feel comfortable enough with the person, broach the subject. I really don't understand the offense most straight men find with being propositioned by a gay man (if it is done with tact.) It should simply be looked on as being found attractive.

User Detail :  

Name : Chris D., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Atheist, Age : 32, City : Austin, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Production Management, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

not-Bruce
    Participant
    I've been up for 24 hours, am almost 50 and probably wouldn't score highly on the LSAT, and I still caught your 'if the straight guy is curious or closeted' comment. 'Straight guys' are neither curious nor closeted.

User Detail :  

Name : not-Bruce, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, 

Sam-L28534
    Participant
    First off, even being definitely straight, I have been flattered on those few occasions gay men I know have told me they find me attractive or would like to go out. The nice and honest way for them to do this is just to say it out loud. I hate being on someone's hidden agenda, no matter what it might be, and much prefer honesty. Stroll up and ask if I wanna ball and you're out of line. But be honest about it and we shall be friends.

User Detail :  

Name : Sam-L28534, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Cancer, heart troubles, diabetes, Race : American Indian, Religion : Native American, Age : 50, City : Fort Worth, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Andy
    Participant
    It's a tough question because, as you know, there are a lot of homophobes out there, and you never know how they will react to you. When that has happened to me, I usually say something like, 'Sorry, I'm straight, but I appreciate the compliment.' Unfortunately, not everyone responds like that. Better to wait somehow to figure out what the story is. Why put yourself at risk because of someone else's sexual hangups? Better safe than sorry.

User Detail :  

Name : Andy, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 33, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Sheila
    Participant
    If he were truly a straight male, there is NO way to do that without the risk of being offensive. I'm offended you are even considering it. Without knowing a person, it can be taken as quite offensive to solicit sex from anyone. Go to Las Vegas, where you can purchase what you need.

User Detail :  

Name : Sheila, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 49, City : West Palm Beach, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Youth director, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Shawn
    Participant
    Why are you trying to engage in such self-destructive behavior? I have seen several friends and aquaintances play this little game, and in my opinion, it's futile. I don't understand the psychology of why gay men do this (perhaps it's similar to straight men's obsession with lesbians?) If you're looking for non-stereotypical gay guys, trust me, they're out there serving in the police departments and military, just as butch as can be. Leave the straight guys for the women.

User Detail :  

Name : Shawn, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 24, City : Fort Worth, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Aviation/Military Police, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Priscilla30270
    Participant
    James, I have seen gay men try that and come to harm as a result. I think you should avoid that, for your own sake. Daniel, good idea: you never know, he might be gay when you think he is straight. Just be careful. Sheila, I reserve my anger and wrath for you. Sometimes I am truly ashamed to be (partly) a lesbian. And spare me the diatribe against bisexuals - I've heard it all before. You are no better than a redneck in your attitude. Don't be so bloody judgemental. Anyone with half a brain knows that (some) gay men engage in casual sex and that is quite socially acceptable among (some) gay men. They don't have to know each other. Bravo gay men: a relatively non-judgemental group!

User Detail :  

Name : Priscilla30270, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.