Adults Assuming About Teen’s Sex Lives

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

J. Bartholoma
    Participant
    Why do most adults assume that I'm sexually active because I'm a teen?

User Detail :  

Name : J. Bartholoma, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 15, City : Bloomfield Hills, State : MI Country : United States, 

Ann L. Lowenstein
    Participant
    1) Because an awful lot of teens ARE sexually active. 2) Because the media so hypes the idea that ALL teens are borderline whores by the age of 14 that stupid people believe it. 3) Because young children have become so sexualized by the media hype that even non-stupid people will tend to assume all teens are sexually active, just because of the non-stop barrage of come-ons and encouragement you receive starting at about age 3.

User Detail :  

Name : Ann L. Lowenstein, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Animist, Age : 37, City : K.C., State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Sophisticated Lady
    Participant
    Unfortunately, because of the majority of today's teens, that's the sterotype. I've been married for 3 years and people automatically assume that it's because we had children. Not the case, neither of us, (husband the same age as myself) have kids nor have we been expecting with the exception of a miscarriage in 2005. I look like I'm 16/17 and I'm 22, so people defintely assume that I am younger than I am until they notice my rings. And even then because I'm young, there are the assumptions and raised eyebrows when I communicate and display maturity and my Christian behavior. People look at my hair, (its locked) and I'm sure they have automatic assumptions about the kind of person I am. Hang in there, it's tough I know but you'll get through.

User Detail :  

Name : Sophisticated Lady, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 22, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Administration & Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    I would say the most likely reason people assume that you're sexually active is because for the most part, teens are. Another factor might be your looks. If you're attractive, most people will assume you're sexually active.

User Detail :  

Name : CraigMcLennan, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 21, City : Duncan, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Student/sales associate, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.