Adoption among gays

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Inez-F
    Participant
    What are some feelings in the lesbian/gay community related to adoption and the obstacles placed before you to accomplishing it?

User Detail :  

Name : Inez-F, City : N/A, State : NA Country : United States, 

Megan-L21931
    Participant
    I can't wait to adopt a child, and I think the obstacles placed before us are absurd. Any loving, stable couple wishing to adopt should be allowed to.

User Detail :  

Name : Megan-L21931, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 31, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

onanov
    Participant
    I'm a gay man that believe that gay and lesbian adoption may not be the ideal situation--but it's probably no less ideal than others and, from a statistical standpoint, economically superior (gays and lesbians tend to have higher incomes on average). Children do benefit from having parents of both genders but the reality of is that this hardly seems to work out. Either the parents are divorced or one parent or the other spends so much time chasing down a career that at least one gender is absent for practical purposes. I believe studies have been done that indicate that having gay parents (natural or adoptive) doesn't seem to have much impact on whether or not children are gay.

User Detail :  

Name : onanov, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Unitarian, Age : 43, City : Iowa City, State : IA Country : United States, Occupation : Graphic Designer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

KayeWatson
    I think it is very sad that there are children who go without families because it is illegal for gay couples to foster or adopt in their state. The simple fact of the matter is that most sex crimes are committed by straight men and homosexuality is not a learned trait. I happen to believe that my girlfriend and I would be wonderful, loving, supportive mothers.

User Detail :  

Name : KayeWatson, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : American, Religion : no religion, Age : 26, City : Hammond, State : LA Country : United States, Occupation : homemaker, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.