Abortion

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Deirdre
    Participant
    Why isn't abortion considered murder?

User Detail :  

Name : Deirdre, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : black and white, Religion : Baptist, Age : 19, City : Greeneville, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

BenClerk
    Participant
    Abortion is a very delicate matter. Abortion is something I for one feel is wrong. However, considering a premature baby in your womb as a parasite, which is exactly what it is, it can't really be justified as murder until a certain point in the pregnancy (not sure when). And I can understand some people who would rather not go through with it. Again, I find abortion wrong I say if u didn't want the damn thing you shouldn't have done it. "That's one do that can't be undone." Life is in knowledge.

User Detail :  

Name : BenClerk, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : mixed, Age : 15, City : Waldron, State : AR Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, 

Anita
    Participant
    I think the great majority of people DO consider it murder, however, there is the fact that a woman will have to contend with another life which she will be responsible for, if she carries the baby to term. There are MANY reasons that one might chose an abortion, and it's hard to understand unless you, yourself have been in that position. Law-wise, I think that we can't go back to pre-Roe v Wade, as women have had, and will continue to have, abortions from the beginning until the end of time. If it was considered murder by the law, and made illegal again, women will still have them in dangerous, un-sterile and unsafe conditions, placing her life at greater risk.

User Detail :  

Name : Anita, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 49, City : Indianapolis, State : IN Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Mara
    Participant
    Most people don't consider abortion as murder because until the fetus can exist outside the woman's womb, it is just part of her body. It doesn't breath, it doesn't ingest nutrients, it doesn't deficate nor urinate. It is not an individual...it's an appendage at best and a parasite at worst.

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    Which is why a woman murdered while carrying a late 3rd trimester (viable) fetus can be considered as two counts of homicide. A good law school rule of thumb: Embryo is to baby as acorn is to oak tree. Criminal courts do not deal with the loss of potential life. One would have to try such a case in civil court where the verdict would involve emotional/financial damages but not jail time.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    Many Catholics consider abortion murder because they believe the soul is born at the time of conception. Some protestants feel the same. Others don't. Jews don't consider abortion murder because we believe that the soul isn't created till the baby takes its first breath outside the womb. MOst of us Jews take abortion very seriously. It's never an easy choice, but it's not considered a sin. Why? Remember in Genesis when God created ADam. First, he took a lump of earth and created this inanimate thing, Adam. It wasn't until God breathed into Adam, that Adam came alive and had a spirit. In Hebrew, the word "ruach" means 3 things: spirit/breath/wind. Consequently, we equate human spirit with the first breath a baby takes. Just Curious

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dan
    Some think it is murder... Some think that it is not murder... Personally speaking, I don't believe in abortion unless there is a special situation ... ..but mainly, I don't feel feel comfortable me (a man) telling a female what he may or may not do with her body.

User Detail :  

Name : Dan, Gender : Male, Disability : diabetes and lyme desease, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 34, City : Auburn Hills, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Computers, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.