A Place for Prayer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Scottie
    Participant
    In light of Matthew 6:6, in which Christians are admonished not to pray in public view, how can 'vociferous' Christians justify the demand for open prayer in schools and in other public facilities?
    Original Code RE10. Click here to see responses from the original archives. Click "to respond" below to reply.

User Detail :  

Name : Scottie, City : Pensacola, State : FL Country : United States, 

Rico
    This passage of the Bible is teaching Christians not to be like the Pharasees, who did everything for human recognition. They would pray aloud on street corners in view of everyone, so that people would know they were 'righteous.' The issue isn't that we should pray in our rooms, it's that we should pray for God, not for humans. Secondly, why would Jesus tell us to pray in our rooms when the Bible tells us in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 to pray without ceasing? I don't know about you, but I leave my room once in a while, so this wouldn't be possible. The Bible doesn't contradict itself when taken in context.

User Detail :  

Name : Rico, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Religious Science, Age : 21, City : Buckhorn, State : NE Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.