20-something virgins OK?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Charlotte32296
    Participant
    Would most young, 20-something men find it shocking if a woman told them she was still a virgin at, let's say, 22 years old? Do guys prefer girls who are more 'experienced,' or are virgins OK?

User Detail :  

Name : Charlotte32296, Gender : F, Race : Asian, Age : 22, City : Toronto, Ontario, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Michael20726
    Participant
    I'd definitely have no problem with it. In fact, I think it would be a lot worse for a guy in his early 20s to be a virgin, because society expects men to be good lovers, no matter what. As a case in point, women often complain about men who don't (or can't) use their 'equipment' properly. On one hand, 'experience' can make things easier, but on the other, teaching/learning with a virgin can be a lot of fun, and part of a deep and meaningful emotional and sexual relationship.

User Detail :  

Name : Michael20726, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, 

Matthew
    Participant
    What exactly do you mean by 'are virgins OK'? It's a bit ambiguous. If you mean 'will a man go out with me and agree not to have sex,' this will almost certainly depend on their and your religious backgrounds. If, on the opposite end of the spectrum of possibility, you are asking if a man will agree to sleep with you 'even though' you are a virgin, I think you will find in most cases the answer to be, 'Yes please!' If you are in a relationship with a man and give him your virginity (hey, I'm assuming this is your case you're bringing up;; if not, sorry!) at 22, IF he's got any brain, he will be greatly flattered and touched and realize he means a lot to you.

User Detail :  

Name : Matthew, Gender : M, Race : English/French, Religion : Atheist, Age : 29, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Tim24598
    Participant
    From my experience while in my early 20s, I might have shied away from virgins for two reasons: First, I was mostly interested in having sex. Second, I always felt that if a woman was a virgin at 22, it was probably very important to her to 'save' it for someone with long-term potential (whether that was true, I don't know). I never viewed myself as the settling-down type in my early 20s, and would have felt a lot of guilt over possibly taking something important from a nice woman and then dropping the relationship in pursuit of other sexual partners. Now, at 29, I would view your virginity as a very attractive quality. People shouldn't be shocked about it because there are many virgins in their 20s. Most young men might prefer more experienced girls for casual sex. But not too many of my friends suggest that they are looking for a partner who's 'been around.'

User Detail :  

Name : Tim24598, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 29, City : Milwaukee, State : WI Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Phil30412
    Participant
    If a 22-year-old girl told me she was a virgin, I might wonder why. I would be concerned about the reasons behind this. I don't think the 'lack of experience' is really an issue, because in most rewarding sexual relationships, people have to grow together and learn about each other, meaning that prior experience isn't necessarily of great value.

User Detail :  

Name : Phil30412, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Wiccan, Age : 27, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, 

Stacey
    Participant
    I stopped being a virgin at 22 and I wasn't saving it for marriage. My age only put off one guy that I can be sure of. Age 22 was when I was ready. I did it because I wanted to, not to please someone else. The guys who are just out for sex probably aren't what a 20 something virgin is looking for. Virginity means different things to different people, as well as in other cultures. I enjoy surprising people with the age.

User Detail :  

Name : Stacey, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 29, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.