Reply To: Atheist views on Christians

Marian
Participant
I am shocked to hear that people would vandalize your car just because they didn't like what you had on it. I am not an atheist, but I do not follow any kind of organized religion. I am happy with myself, and I believe I have a very good set of morals. Lucky for me, I have not had bad experiences with those who are Christian. The worst ones just try to say that I should convert because of some reason or other, or they will mumble some kind of judgment about my morality under their breath. I have attended Catholic school for seven years. I know what they teach, and it's not all bad. There are a few things that I've been taught that I find repulsive and/or illogical.

No, I do not hate Christians or those of any other religion. What I do hate is when a select few believe it is their right to impose their ideas on me. I do not mind attending church or learning the religion. I've done it, purely to educate myself so that I may find whether I agree with it or not. But do not force a belief on anyone. No one likes to be forced; I believe that is why there are so many atheists out there. A lot of them had bad experiences in school or at home.

User Detail :  

Name : Marian, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Age : 20, City : westchester, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,