Reply To: God: Who needs Him (or It, or Her)?

Ronald V.
Is the concept of God outdated? From the beginning, God was. The ancients believed in God. People throughout the ages have believed in God, whether they would listen to God or not. The Bible says in Romans 1:20 that 'Ever since God created the world, his invisible qualities, both his eternal power and his divine nature, have been clearly seen ... They know God, but they do not give him the honor that belongs to him... V 25: 'They exchange the truth about God for a lie.' Romans speaks to the question quite clearly. Many civilizations in the past have tried to deny God, and have adopted strange practices that did away with themselves. Self-reliance and dependence on God are not mutually exclusive. As a parent, I do for my children what they cannot do for themselves. But I would be amiss to do for them what they can do themselves. They would not mature. But God does provide for those who cannot do for themselves. Only in a very limited sense can we depend on ourselves. Our health, our ability to work, our desire to work and our opportunity to work are all gifts to us.

User Detail :  

Name : Ronald V., Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 47, City : Edmonton, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class,